The Jr. Suite Life

FlowBro Ty

My wife and I have always booked a junior suite. We are both "large" people. So, what I like about junior suites is that they have a bath tub/shower combo instead of those skinny little shower tubes. The closet is typically a nice walk-in closet. Finally, the room itself is just bigger so I don't have to walk sideways to get by the bed. Another perk, contrary to what it says above, is that we have always received priority check-in when we get on the ship. No priority departure but I'll take what I can get. We also get double C&A points. Our next cruise is on the Symphony of the Seas in May 2019. I understand that, once we are on the ship, we can try to get evening reservations for the Coastal Kitchen restaurant. So, there are a number of benefits to the Junior Suite.

To add to what @kontraxed noted above, Quantum class ships offer a room category called "Spa Junior Suite" (J4 category) which is visually and spatially quite distinct from other Jr. Suite cabins on the other classes of ships. In addition to describing them briefly in the previous link from @Matt, you can see a photo tour of them in this article.

Like the Jr. Suite rooms on Oasis class, booking a Jr. Suite on Quantum class ships lets you make dinner reservations at Coastal Kitchen once on board as an added perk over Jr. Suites on other ships.

The big differences were the larger room, tub in the shower, and walk in closet.  There was plenty of space to store our clothes and normally its a tight fit in a standard balcony room.  We were on the 10th deck of Freedom so it was also fairly quiet.

When checking in there was a special section for suites and we could have gotten off the ship a little faster than the balcony rooms.

• 1 month later...

I noticed on the most recent Oasis Cruise Compass that Coastal Kitchen was only identified for Star/Sky class - has anything changed for Jr. Suite/Sea Class? ("SPECIALTY DINING: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm, Coastal Kitchen (Star & Sky Class Suites & Pinnacle Club), 17"). The Sea Class amenities on the RC website still lists Coastal Kitchen as a perk. Any news/thoughts? THANKS

image.png.e684c85ca85e091c18d84c587e5a2597.png

Be nice if can be in a suite. However, I have a young son and only child so we take him everywhere with us. So suite is not a great choice for me. I also not in my cabin much only sleep and take shower so suite not necessary for me. However, if the price is right, one day I might think about it. 

28 minutes ago, gjmBADGERS said:

I noticed on the most recent Oasis Cruise Compass that Coastal Kitchen was only identified for Star/Sky class - has anything changed for Jr. Suite/Sea Class? ("SPECIALTY DINING: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm, Coastal Kitchen (Star & Sky Class Suites & Pinnacle Club), 17"). The Sea Class amenities on the RC website still lists Coastal Kitchen as a perk. Any news/thoughts? THANKS

image.png.e684c85ca85e091c18d84c587e5a2597.png

Hmmm, might be a typo.  Perhaps a copy and paste job from lunch/breakfast.

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Hmmm, might be a typo.  Perhaps a copy and paste job from lunch/breakfast.

On my cruise on the Symphony it also indicated in the cruise compass that its for SKY/Star class (saw it on day 3) but we did not had any issues to reserve dinner at the CK (we eat there 3 times). Will check again on the Allure in two month from now.

J suite wasn’t too impressive. To me the tub step over is too high for my old legs to get over. The closet is a too large   Would rather that space been used  in the bathroom or in the living space. Dbl points are nice but it’s a little bigger than a spacious balcony for extra money. I’ll stick with a balcony