Welp, it's happened. 2 days out from our Anthem NE/Canada cruise and we have a Tropical Storm headed to the NorthEast. Will have my eye on Tropical Storm Florence. It doesn't sound like it'll be too strong, and will hopefully turn north of us. But I imagine this would be a hard cruise to divert, unlike the Eastern vs Western Caribbean? I know Anthem is a bit infamous for getting caught in storms, so I really hope we aren't one of them! ?

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/where-is-tropical-storm-florence-headed-in-the-atlantic/70005957

20 hours ago, NS8VN said:

Am I missing something?  Hurricane Florence is tracking to the Southeast of Bermuda in the 5-day.  Even if it stays on a straight line from there (it won't) it wouldn't be in the NorthEast for 10+ days.  What is the concern?

It is now. AccuWeather had scenario 1 tracking to the NE originally (link I posted). Looks like the models are now definitely showing a Southeast path. Good for me, bad for Bermuda.

16 minutes ago, hmills96 said:

It is now. AccuWeather had scenario 1 tracking to the NE originally (link I posted). Looks like the models are now definitely showing a Southeast path. Good for me, bad for Bermuda.

Here's hoping that the "Bermuda High" holds and diverts the storm to the south of the island and deep into the Atlantic Ocean. Only 39 days until I sail out to visit the island, and I'd appreciate it if Mother Nature could leave it one piece for my first-time visit! ?