L1 Crown Loft Suites, which has largest balcony?

Baked Alaska

We will be cruising over Christmas 2019 on Oasis. Wondering which of the L1 Crown Loft suites has the largest balcony. My spatial figuring part of the brain isn't kicking in on the diagrams on this one. I just can't tell by looking at the pictures. Would appreciate any info from the many experienced Oasis CL cruisers. Many thanks and Happy Labor Day!

1 minute ago, CGTLH said:

Personally I'd pick location over small square footage differences. However, I think 1704/1754 have the largest balconies.

I agree on this one.  I have not yet stayed in one of these but I have read that if you pick the ones on the ends, you don't have full privacy.  Meaning, people will still see you on your balcony.  Not sure if that matters to you at all.  The ones in the middle give you the most privacy.  That being said, I would stay in any CLS! ?

I tend to go with the middle of the hump, 1748/1750 for privacy.  Not that the cabins are bad for privacy, but you do catch more of the public deck space to a small degree as you move further from the center of the circle.  From here the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen is a short walk.  

That being said I wouldn't avoid any L1 suite.  You can only people watch by standing at the railing and looking hard left or right.  From inside your suite you'll see no public deck, unlike an L2.  

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I would think the space difference on those are minimal.  Likely the 2 in the middle of the block (1746, 1748, 1710, 1712) might have a tad bit more space but I doubt that it makes a difference. @tonyfsu21 has been in these a few times.

1708, 1710, 1712 (and the equivalent on the other side of ship) and you can’t go wrong. The balconies are all large and some might be a tad larger or smaller but probably not noticeable. The cabins I mentioned were private and large enough for myself, wife and 2 kids to enjoy breakfast on them and never feel crowded. Enjoy, you really can’t go wrong with anything at all on deck 17.

Also- we loved being right around the corner from the suite lounge.

7FD2F077-1D7D-4369-8434-0536A3E32BEC.jpeg

We were in a loft suite for the first time last June on the Oasis and really enjoyed it.   I doubt you could tell much of difference in balcony sizes so proximity to the elevators and coastal kitchen/suite lounge should be more important.  We were in room 1756 so like Tonyfsu21 said being close to the lounge was nice.  Another thing nice about the LS was the size of the shower in the upstairs bathroom.   It was a large walkin  shower with a shower head on both sides and a rain shower in the middle.  I noticed on the pictures of the Harmony that the showers are the bathtub types.  Dont know why they changed but the walkins are so much nicer.

• 1 year later...

@Levi, @twangster, thanks to the both of you. I just booked 1750 on Allure out of PC August 2021. You both helped guide my decision?

This week caught my attention when I saw the 1 and 2 bedroom grand suites were the same price, I almost went for the 2 bedroom grand as I thought the price was very fair BUT, deck 9 or10, connecting cabins and the non stop door bell ringing, yikes. I will watch for price drops for the L1 and adjust later, I would be miserable once I settled in, if I booked a deck besides 17,  I know it! 

Edited by Neesa
Added thought

On 1/27/2020 at 5:21 AM, Neesa said:

@MikeK, was the balcony in 1756 much smaller? Was there noise from being right there at the entrance to the 17th deck cabins? Thanks so much!

Rm 1756 on the Oasis was different from the other Oasis class ships.   You actually have to go through one door then on the right is the door to rm 1756 because the room is right next to a large loft suite.  Kinda weird set up.   I didnt notice any noise associated with the elevators in the room.  Short walk to Coastal Kitchen and Suite lounge that made it a big plus.  The main door to the loft suite area after you get off the elevator was open about the whole cruise

16 minutes ago, MikeK said:

After the Oasis refurb this rm 1756 set up could be different now.

We were just in 1758, which is the Grand Panoramic Suite that is "attached" to 1756.  The setup is still the same.  You have to go through that first door and then your suite door is inside that.  I remember reading somewhere...long time ago....that the second "outside" door was added to reduce the noise from the CK.  That doesn't seem to make much sense to me, but that's what I recall reading.

As I mentioned in my recent blog, the biggest NOISE that we experienced had nothing whatsoever to do with the CK but came from the blaring speakers on the new pool deck area.  It was ungodly loud and NONSTOP.  By day 4 I had to call the Genie about it and she and the Cruise Director took care of it.  Whether or not it was a permanent fix or just something they did to appease us, is unknown.  

• 3 months later...
On 1/28/2020 at 9:40 AM, WAAAYTOOO said:

We were just in 1758, which is the Grand Panoramic Suite that is "attached" to 1756.  The setup is still the same.  You have to go through that first door and then your suite door is inside that.  I remember reading somewhere...long time ago....that the second "outside" door was added to reduce the noise from the CK.  That doesn't seem to make much sense to me, but that's what I recall reading.

As I mentioned in my recent blog, the biggest NOISE that we experienced had nothing whatsoever to do with the CK but came from the blaring speakers on the new pool deck area.  It was ungodly loud and NONSTOP.  By day 4 I had to call the Genie about it and she and the Cruise Director took care of it.  Whether or not it was a permanent fix or just something they did to appease us, is unknown.  

@WAAAYTOOO  thank you so much for this comment!  I’ve been lookin for someone who stayed in this room. We’re staying in this room next summer and my parents in 1756.  Can the balcony divider be removed?  In the video I saw online, it looks like a white wall. Also, is 1758 and 1756 behind that first door?  

thank you!  

3 hours ago, Kam said:

@WAAAYTOOO  thank you so much for this comment!  I’ve been lookin for someone who stayed in this room. We’re staying in this room next summer and my parents in 1756.  Can the balcony divider be removed?  In the video I saw online, it looks like a white wall. Also, is 1758 and 1756 behind that first door?  

thank you!  

You will LOVE 1758.  To date, it's the best suite we've ever had.  Next year we are in the one on the other side (Owner's Panoramic - slightly bigger).  The ONLY negative about the GPS is that the balcony is very small and narrow...but there is still room for 2 loungers and a hot tub.  We did a semi-live faux blog from this suite but I cannot recall the title of the thread.  Let me see if I can find it.  There are some pictures and information in it that you might find useful.  I totally hijacked someone else's thread and just added my stuff on top.

Yes, both 1956 and 1758 (and ONLY those 2) are behind that first door so you won't have to worry about anyone else loitering around your front doors.  No, unfortunately, you cannot access the balcony "next door".  Dan says that there's a bulkhead between the 2 balconies (not even just a balcony divider) plus there's a hot tub in the way !!  So your parents will have to walk around the long way.  LOL

3 hours ago, Kam said:

thank you!  

You will LOVE 1758.  To date, it's the best suite we've ever had.  Next year we are in the one on the other side (Owner's Panoramic - slightly bigger).  The ONLY negative about the GPS is that the balcony is very small and narrow...but there is still room for 2 loungers and a hot tub.  We did a semi-live faux blog from this suite but I cannot recall the title of the thread.  Let me see if I can find it.  There are some pictures and information in it that you might find useful.  I totally hijacked someone else's thread and just added my stuff on top.

Yes, both 1956 and 1758 (and ONLY those 2) are behind that first door so you won't have to worry about anyone else loitering around your front doors.  No, unfortunately, you cannot access the balcony "next door".  Dan says that there's a bulkhead between the 2 balconies (not even just a balcony divider) plus there's a hot tub in the way !!  So your parents will have to walk around the long way.  LOL

OK.  I got my stories/blogs confused.  The one where I hijacked someone else's thread was for my Feb. shortened Anthem cruise.  There is an ACTUAL live blog that I did for this GPS on Oasis.  It is at

The first part is from Brilliance but the second half is from Oasis from 1758