Looks like Royal is all in on water slides - http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/07/15/royal-caribbean-will-add-new-water-slide-liberty-of-the-seas, but it doesn't look like I'll be on a ship anytime soon with these thrilling versions as the Radiance-class slides do not compare.

This creates an interesting dichotomy among the cruise lines with Carnival, NCL, Disney and now Royal in the water slide camp, while Princess, Holland America, and Celebrity remain without.

I am looking forward to once day booking a ship that has one. I have to admit, that when docked next to Carnival or especially NCL with some of their waterslides.....I am a little jealous!..

I am curious as to once RCI releases actually photos or details of what these slides will be like and  include.

I am looking forward to once day booking a ship that has one. I have to admit, that when docked next to Carnival or especially NCL with some of their waterslides.....I am a little jealous!..

I am curious as to once RCI releases actually photos or details of what these slides will be like and  include.

There are renderings of the slides for Harmony here: http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/06/30/everything-we-know-about-harmony-of-the-seas-water-slides

I'm sure the same company that made the slides for Harmony will do them for Liberty and Majesty.  Just a guess

Sorry..Hadn't seen that when I posted that message.

Looks like lots of  options and a lot of fun to be had.

I have to admit, I enjoy a good waterslide......its the kid in me I guess.

But, I wonder how long the waits would be or if there would never not be a long wait. Time will tell once they are up and running I suppose.

But, I wonder how long the waits would be or if there would never not be a long wait. Time will tell once they are up and running I suppose.

There will be lines at certain times, just like anything on the ship.  On a sea day around 1pm, there will be a line.  But embarkation day it will be empty and during times when many people are in port or at dinner, lines will be shorter.  

Agree with you on that one....big-time!!

Take a good waterslide over a musical any day!

I was surprised that its taken this long as it seems they are pretty standard on other cruise line ships.

The question we may never know the answer to is why were they hesitant to add water slides but now are gung-ho about it.  

Wasn't the former CEO once quoted as saying their would never be water slides on Royal Caribbean ships?

I think it was a management decision nod with the change in leadership comes changes such as these. More amenities means a better cruise experience in my mind and I'd take water slides over splash pads and sprinklers any day as they appeal to both kids and adults.