Changing Dining package reservartions

Steph215

Hello,

I am planning on purchasing the 3 day dining package and am under the understanding that the reservations are all chosen for me by RCCL (and that the first night reservation is mandatory). I plan to board the ship fairly early on embarkation day and want to be able to change my reservations as soon as possible before slots fill up.  I have 2 questions : how soon will I know the reservations they have chosen for me and where do I go on embarkation day if I want to make changes to those  "pre-made" reservations? (Will I need to go to each individual place I have a reservation to cancel?)

9 hours ago, Steph215 said:

how soon will I know the reservations they have chosen for me and where do I go on embarkation day if I want to make changes to those  "pre-made" reservations? (Will I need to go to each individual place I have a reservation to cancel?)

In my experience, where they assign you is irrelevant.  I mean, you could go look it up at Guest Services but since you're going to make reservations anyway, just ignore it and rebook as necessary.  I've never worried about what was arranged for me.

You can make specialty restaurant reservations at any specialty restaurant or Guest Services. On some ships, they have a dining package booking station set up specifically for people who booked a dining package.

13 hours ago, Matt said:

In my experience, where they assign you is irrelevant.  I mean, you could go look it up at Guest Services but since you're going to make reservations anyway, just ignore it and rebook as necessary.  I've never worried about what was arranged for me.

You can make specialty restaurant reservations at any specialty restaurant or Guest Services. On some ships, they have a dining package booking station set up specifically for people who booked a dining package.

Thanks so much! This is super helpful as I was worried that I would be at a loss for how to make the changes. Also, having you reply to my question is pretty cool ( to me you're famous). I listen to your voice every week to get my cruise fix. Thanks so much for a great podcast!