Radiance Class Aft Balcony

We stayed on the Brilliance in an aft balcony.  It has been our favorite balcony cabin.  The balcony was huge and we had a more expansive view.  I would grab the aft balcony in an instant.  FYI we booked it on the first day for 2 of them and as we were booking it one of the ones we wanted got booked so we had to go to another one.   These balconies go fast.

10 hours ago, rjac said:

Mick,

We did an aft balcony on the Jewel, fantastic views when leaving a port and a bigger balcony also. Be prepared, however, for a long walk to the nearest elevator! Would we do it again? Absolutely! :27_sunglasses:

You haven't had a long walk until you've stayed in the last cabin aft on Harmony. THAT is a long walk. 

On 8/30/2018 at 11:55 AM, mickjacket said:

We are looking at Jewel of the seas, cabin 7172 which is corner aft balcony room. Question is has anyone ever stayed in any radiance class ship in the aft balcony, and if so I would love your feedback. 

Full Disclosure: I am a aft balcony snob

Here is my video review of Radiance #1102 which being a snob that I am peers over to #1100 to where life is really good. 

Here is Jewel #1104

and finally Brilliance #9658 (again peeking to see just how good the neighbors have it in #9656 and it is an unusual cabin with habit of a surprising balcony)

An understated value of having an aft cabin:

No matter how big and confusing a ship might be. No matter walking down a long hallway passing cabin door after cabin door, each completely indistinguishable from one another, asking yourself "where do I live?" The confusion of less-than-straight-forward ship lingo of starboard and port are as clear as Shakespearian English. There are times it can be difficult to remember your room number after being on many cruises, for so many years; because your cabin number is like an unfamiliar zip code from another part of the country. It's a temporary number and the digits don't really go together, do they? Not to mention the worst case; returning to your cabin less than sober, late at night.....

When  you you have an aft cabin,  getting the floor right is the hardest part!

6 minutes ago, bobroo said:

When  you you have an aft cabin,  getting the floor right is the hardest part!

On an Oasis class you also have to into account side. Becomes a very long walk when your on the starboard side and end up walking all the way down the port side.

-Trust me I know, on multiple occasions...

• 1 month later...

I know on Alaskan cruises you pay extra to get a balcony on the "coastline" side.  What about the aft cabins?  Are they prcied in-line with the coastline side? Or even more expensive?  what about the aft balcony on the corner (with the longer balcony)?