Crown and Anchor

3 hours ago, jticarruthers said:

Points are done by the individual not the cabin ... so each person gets their own points regardless of who booked the room.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

...and regardless of who pays....

One possible glitch in that -- the OP said he would use his own C&A for the online checkin of both rooms. Not sure if this is exactly the same, but when Royal updated their site and I had to re-bind my reservations for last April's cruise, I had put my kids' room back on using my own login, and when prompted to say who I was for that reservation, I could only choose my own name. After that sailing, my older daughter who had the first name on the cabin didn't get her C&A points, and I ended up with double points. Turns out that selecting my own name when I tied the reservation back to my account caused the C&A points to be incorrectly applied.

So, I would recommend that the OP make sure to put everyone's individual C&A numbers in during the online checkin to avoid any potential problems.

I think if everyone has a C&A number it will ask for them when you book.  I book my own and add my wife's number to her name and she gets her points.  Haven't booked anything since the site change over so I don't know about that part.

12 hours ago, arebee said:

I think if everyone has a C&A number it will ask for them when you book.  I book my own and add my wife's number to her name and she gets her points.  Haven't booked anything since the site change over so I don't know about that part.

The login screen and cruise selection screen layouts have changed but the layout for choosing and booking cruises has not changed and still have to put in each persons own C&A number (if the people  on the reservation are a C&A member).

Sorry, if I'm missing something here, but I'm still not clear on how the points are assigned.  If I book and pay for a double occupancy room and my room mate is not a C&A member, do I get both points?  I seem to recall hearing on a podcast about sailing single in a double occupancy and getting double points but maybe I misunderstood.

17 minutes ago, BabeNewYear said:

If I book and pay for a double occupancy room and my room mate is not a C&A member, do I get both points?  I seem to recall hearing on a podcast about sailing single in a double occupancy and getting double points but maybe I misunderstood.

No, regardless if your friend is actively set up in C&A or not, you only get your points.

You would get double points if you sailed alone in that regular room.