Inputs on stateroom TVs

Typically RC uses Samsung flat panels that do have an HDMI input, but.. using that HDMI input is another matter.

On some newer ships the flat panel is often secured very close to the wall and it be hard to even reach the HDMI inputs.  On ships where you can easily reach the HDMI inputs, the supplied remote in your cabin doesn't allow you to select the HDMI input.  I've brought a Samsung remote from home and have been able to change inputs using that, but...  on some ships there is a gray telephone jack on the panel that connects to the ship's network so you can do interactive stuff like reviewing your account, ordering movies, etc.   In many cases I have to unplug that so I could change inputs.  

Bottom line - it's a lot of work.  You are better bringing a tablet loaded with some movies for the kids.  

I have successfully connected my ipad to the TV by unplugging the PS3 that was in the cabin and using that HDMI connection. The HDMI was already enabled on the TV so I could select using the standard remote. I think PS3s are only in suites on the older ships though.