Entertainment on Rhapsody of the Seas

Marsude

Entertainment and food are highly subjective things on cruise ships.  As an example, are the nightly shows going to compare well to the shows on Oasis of the Seas? Perhaps not but there are still entertaining options to see.  

I think a strength of Royal Caribbean is their live music, especially in the evening so seek that out while you're onboard for some fun.  I can't comment directly on the entertainment on Rhapsody since I haven't been, but I'd keep an open mind and hope for the best :)

We were on Rhapsody 13 days this May. Found entertainment to be comparable to other Royal Caribbean ships. We find Celebrity entertainment best afloat, with Royal Caribbean only a tick down. Matt is right, the entire ship is alive with live entertainment every night all over the ship. Just got off an RCI competitor line Saturday -- 7 nights to NE / Canada. Entertainment was OK, but pales in comparison to RCI. Food in all venues; MDR, Speciality, and especially buffet was mediocre compared to RCI. Passengers seemed to be in the way of and a distraction to the crew all over the ship. RCI crews excel at making you feel special & the center of every thing they're do, far beyond what you expect or deserve. We sail 2x / year & have sailed with 7 lines. Last weeks trip, 1st not on RCI in past 3 years, was a reminder as to why we favor RCI -- they are simply best of class.

We were on Rhapsody 13 days this May. Found entertainment to be comparable to other Royal Caribbean ships. We find Celebrity entertainment best afloat, with Royal Caribbean only a tick down. Matt is right, the entire ship is alive with live entertainment every night all over the ship. Just got off an RCI competitor line Saturday -- 7 nights to NE / Canada. Entertainment was OK, but pales in comparison to RCI. Food in all venues; MDR, Speciality, and especially buffet was mediocre compared to RCI. Passengers seemed to be in the way of and a distraction to the crew all over the ship. RCI crews excel at making you feel special & the center of every thing they're do, far beyond what you expect or deserve. We sail 2x / year & have sailed with 7 lines. Last weeks trip, 1st not on RCI in past 3 years, was a reminder as to why we favor RCI -- they are simply best of class.

I had a similar experience with cruising a different line as well. Never again

Many thanks Matt and Don, really appreciate your responses.

We have booked the Chefs table package ( just looked so good for foodies) and will pre book premium drinks package and I'm thinking as its our first cruise we will also pre book RCI Shore Excursions even though there is lots of chat about it being cheaper to book on the dock. Thanks

Many thanks Matt and Don, really appreciate your responses.

We have booked the Chefs table package ( just looked so good for foodies) and will pre book premium drinks package and I'm thinking as its our first cruise we will also pre book RCI Shore Excursions even though there is lots of chat about it being cheaper to book on the dock. Thanks

On boarding day in May they off ered a specialty dining package, as I recall $59 per person for one visit each to Chops, Giovani's, & Izumi -- great deal. Price went to $99(?) if you included Chefs table. We chose to not include Chefs table as I could not drink wine at the time. All 3 of the specialty venues are remarkable. Filet Mignon & Lobster (they will do both) in Chops was perfection. Hot stone table top cooked steak was great in Izumi's. Giovani's fare is served family style for sharing -- one of your desserts must be Tiramusa. In the speciality venues and MDR, if you can't make up your mind on menu selection try multiple items -- they will be pleased to accomodate. Apple pie ala mode is always a great alternate choice in the MDR. Any questions, just ask. Enjoy your trip.