Bringing your own cups / bottles

wsig

Yes and I do it all the time. 

One caveat though - they don't want you filling your bottle or cup directly from drink dispensing stations.  This is to avoid your germs from transferring to the equipment that would then be passed to other guests.  Instead you are supposed to use one of their glasses provided and use that to fill your cup or bottle.  

This is a Health Department guideline, just like using a new plate for each visit to a buffet.  

PS - I have a bunch of TSA friendly 2oz shampoo bottles I fly with.  I fill one with dish soap to wash my bottle daily.  

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

Yes and I do it all the time. 

One caveat though - they don't want you filling your bottle or cup directly from drink dispensing stations.  This is to avoid your germs from transferring to the equipment that would then be passed to other guests.  Instead you are supposed to use one of their glasses provided and use that to fill your cup or bottle.  

This is a Health Department guideline, just like using a new plate for each visit to a buffet.  

PS - I have a bunch of TSA friendly 2oz shampoo bottles I fly with.  I fill one with dish soap to wash my bottle daily.  

Nice tip!!!!

9 hours ago, kontraxed said:

Think there's any problem with bringing a YETI style drink container? I understand you can't fill it directly from the soda fountains.

No problem with Yeti style containers.  The Freestyle drink dispensers can only dispense soda or flavored water into a Royal Caribbean drink package cup that contains an embedded RFID chip that the machine reads to validate the drink package purchase.  

For the water stations the same rules apply.  Use a ship provided glass to fill your cup to avoid contamination of the drink station equipment.