Mystery Dinner Theater question

Baked Alaska

We are planning on going to the Mystery Dinner Theater while on ROTS. Looking at Cruise Compasses and the one and only MDT menu on RCB, am I correct that MDT will always be in Giovanni's with Giovanni's menu item? Would love to knock out two birds with one stone, that is MTD AND Giovanni's. 

Thanks for the thread.  We have booked the Mystery Dinner Theater on Adventure, which is also at Gionvanni's...sounds like the regular venue for this event across the fleet (i.e., for those ships hosting this event).  Can report back in a few weeks on the menu.  Probably still pretty good even if a limited. 

We enjoyed the Prohibition event on Oasis and are looking forward to MDT on AOS.

We have done Mystery Dinner Theatre twice (Voyager and Radiance), and I am pretty both times we have participated it was at Chops. We are in the Southern hemisphere so RCI may use different restaurants here. 

They also used a special menu as I recall. I remember one couple being upset that they couldn't order the meal they wanted from the Chops menu.

• 3 weeks later...

We enjoyed the Mystery Dinner on Adventure OTS on the the Aug 31 NE and Eastern Canada cruise.  While the Mystery Dinner menu is limited compared to the regular Giovanni's menu, the food was great.  The filet was our favorite dish on this cruise. 

They rearranged the dinning room into seating at six long tables to maximize the number of patrons for the event, while maintaining an aisle in the middle of the dinning room for the actors.  So I can understand that a limited menu would facilitate efficient food preparation and serving for a densely-packed room--and provide a few breaks for between courses for the show. 

Giovanni's Mystery Dinner Menu.pdf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2018 at 1:25 PM, Iluv4n6 said:

Thanks for the thread.  We have booked the Mystery Dinner Theater on Adventure, which is also at Gionvanni's...sounds like the regular venue for this event across the fleet (i.e., for those ships hosting this event).  Can report back in a few weeks on the menu.  Probably still pretty good even if a limited. 

We enjoyed the Prohibition event on Oasis and are looking forward to MDT on AOS.

What kind of food did they serve for the mystery dinner?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

When on Freedom we did it and it was a limited menu. As someone with allergies (They knew from my file) I got a separate menu that was designed for me (someone else had a different allergy and got the same treatment). I have to say, they were much better then the staff at Chops in this regard. But it will be similar food just on a smaller scale so it can be made quicker. I think it was like 2 or 3 options since they prepare during the next scene.