NextCruise tip I did not know about

Matt

One benefit of booking a cruise onboard via NextCruise is you have a 30 day grace period to make changes without inquiring a penalty.

So if you book a NON-Refundable sailing on board, you can change it once you get home within 30 days…. Just don’t forget to change it!

Just now, Matt said:

One benefit of booking a cruise onboard via NextCruise is you have a 30 day grace period to make changes without inquiring a penalty.

So if you book a NON-Refundable sailing on board, you can change it once you get home within 30 days…. Just don’t forget to change it!

"Change" or could you also "cancel" without penalty?

Here are December 2018 NextCruise Terms and Conditions.  They may have changed through to today.

The second bullet point addresses the 30 day change fee waived booking window.

"In either case the deposit shall remain nonrefundable."  

So it appears you can made changes fee-free in the first 30 days, but not cancel without losing your deposit.

1305686955_NextCruiseT-Cs.thumb.jpeg.f3307b94e159b9845d1b50313e74694b.jpeg

3 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

"Change" or could you also "cancel" without penalty?

Yes cancel too.  One time NextCruise accidentally booked me as non-refundable. My TA texted me because she knows I never book that.

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Ok so now I am more confused...

@Matt your post was based on a change from NRD to refundable? And I am more thinking of a new booking at Next Cruise and then changing your mind a week later. In that case, according to what @twangsterposted, it would still be status quo?

It's Royal, so nothing clear.  What the verbiage in the terms and conditions clearly states is that the deposit is nonrefundable.  

To me that implies that within 30 days you can makes change to ship or sail date fee-free, but you if cancel you will lose your deposit since it remains nonrefundable.

It is possible that converting a non-suite booking from one ship booked at Next as NRDB to another ship as refundable, if that is generally an allowed practice, might slip through the cracks and get around the nonrefundable deposit, as it may have with @Matt.  However it isn't clear this is a viable hole and i suspect it would be plugged pretty quickly it it became commonly used.  

Since suites, GS and above, can never be refundable, there is never a method to cancel a suite without losing the deposit, even if booked at NextCruise.  A suite booking MIGHT be changeable in sail date or ship within 30 days fee-free, or there might be other terms and conditions  applied to suite bookings.

My NextCruise booking above was a regular balcony cabin.

So when I go in Oct...I know I am doing a cruise in the winter but no idea when/where yet...so technically I could just do a dummy booking..get the perk of the OBC on the Oct cruise....and then have 30 days to change it without penalty.......as I wouldn't be booking a suite?!

And booking a booking a non-refund gets you more OBC?

Just now, monctonguy said:

So when I go in Oct...I know I am doing a cruise in the winter but no idea when/where yet...so technically I could just do a dummy booking..get the perk of the OBC on the Oct cruise....and then have 30 days to change it without penalty.......as I wouldn't be booking a suite?!

That is correct. In March, we stopped by the NextCruise office and booked 2 ocean view balcony cabins for June 2019. When we were back home, we noticed we could save $1,000 if we moved the cruise to September 2019 (same ship & cabin types). Since we were within 30 days of booking at NextCruise, the change fees were waived.

• 1 month later...