Voom Price Reductions

4ensic

Just a quick update on the "Voom" sale and what I observed.  This morning, the site listed my price of $11.99/day was 20% off.  I just went back in and see that they have updated the banner and it now states "35% off".

In the end, it doesn't matter - I got what I feel is a pretty good deal.  I was hoping that they maybe dropping the base price, but that is obviously not the case.

Jon

20 minutes ago, Michael Vitale said:

its unbelievable.  Every time one of these sales is announced, everyone gets all excited, so i hurry onto the site to check mine, and VOILA, its even more than what I paid originally !!!!  It always goes up !!!  I swear, Ive never cancelled/rebooked anything in 9 cruises  ?

Time to fess up.  This was all a big hoax.  It was @Matt's idea, just for you.    

Everyone re-check your prices on VOOM again, before this sale ends. I happened to look just now to see if the sale had ended and prices went back up, but in fact the sale is still on and my price for 2-device VOOM went down another dollar to $18.99/night!! Canceled and repurchased for the second time in as many days, saved another five bucks.

Or as I like to call it, 2/3 of a beer or 2/5 of a margarita. ?

16 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Everyone re-check your prices on VOOM again, before this sale ends. I happened to look just now to see if the sale had ended and prices went back up, but in fact the sale is still on and my price for 2-device VOOM went down another dollar to $18.99/night!! Canceled and repurchased for the second time in as many days, saved another five bucks.

Or as I like to call it, 2/3 of a beer or 2/5 of a margarita. ?

Maybe they realized that $19.99 isn't 50% off where as $18.99 is actually 50% off.  

Wow! Sale is over now, and 2-device VOOM for my Anthem sailing is now back up to $30.38/night!! That does work out with the banner that says it's 20% off on-board price rate, given the prior 50% off on-board sale rate of $18.99 I got, but holy cow that's a big jump for someone who missed that sale window! ?

42 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Wow! Sale is over now, and 2-device VOOM for my Anthem sailing is now back up to $30.38/night!! That does work out with the banner that says it's 20% off on-board price rate, given the prior 50% off on-board sale rate of $18.99 I got, but holy cow that's a big jump for someone who missed that sale window! 

Joe, I got a break too, but yours went from $18.99 to $30.38??  That is unbelievable!  Mine too went from $10.79 to 15.99 in one day.  Was this sale only last Saturday as that's when I caught the break then went on to see if drinks went down on Sunday and it was $15.99. Now i want to see how long it takes Royal to credit my account! LOL

4 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Joe, I got a break too, but yours went from $18.99 to $30.38??  That is unbelievable!  Mine too went from $10.79 to 15.99 in one day.  Was this sale only last Saturday as that's when I caught the break then went on to see if drinks went down on Sunday and it was $15.99. Now i want to see how long it takes Royal to credit my account! LOL

Sounds like your pricing was for single device VOOM. Mine was for two devices, so makes sense that it's about double the price during a non-sale window. Seems the multi-device plans only give a half-decent per-device rate during sales; in non-sale periods, it's pretty much linear. ? 

53 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Wow! Sale is over now, and 2-device VOOM for my Anthem sailing is now back up to $30.38/night!! That does work out with the banner that says it's 20% off on-board price rate, given the prior 50% off on-board sale rate of $18.99 I got, but holy cow that's a big jump for someone who missed that sale window! ?

VOOM on all my sailings for 2 devices is at $30.38/night!

I honestly believe the drink package prices run an algorithm based on sales trends for your individual cruise.  Low sales, prices drop.  High sales, prices go up.  

As people buy it, cancel it, cancel the cruise, book onto the cruise, etc the pricing engine dutifully adapts the daily price to suit.   

16 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

Yup, no sale, everyone gets the basic "20% off on-board prices" for VOOM. And those on-board prices, as @twangster noted, are steep.

I'm wondering the drastic drop in the two device plan is because MSC offers their internet plan allowing 4 devices out of the gate.  Time will tell if they keep this 50% discount.  

8 minutes ago, mworkman said:

Yes they are....i was looking at 2019 cruises and my 11 night cruise for 1 device is $175.89 ? Thats with the 20% off savings as they call it. ?

2019 prices don't seem to benefit from the current sale.  They have them pegged high hoping catch newbies that don't know any better.

I noticed that the Deluxe drink and S&S Voom combo prices on both my upcoming Liberty and October Grandeur sailings have remained the same as what they were during the latest sale.  My Christmas/NY sailing on Grandeur had been pricing the Deluxe beverage package at $49/day with it actually going UP to $51/day during the "sale".  Now that the sale is over, the price on the DBP for the Christmas/NY sailing has remained the same as it was during the sale - $51/day so maybe that will be the new normal price for that one.

2 hours ago, mworkman said:

Yes they are....i was looking at 2019 cruises and my 11 night cruise for 1 device is $175.89 ? Thats with the 20% off savings as they call it. ?

I'm on an 11 day on Serenade in November and booked it yesterday at that same price.  I figure that's as good as it's going to get.

No drink packages this time around though!