Formal Night

Stitch

Hi , we are due very soon to go on our first RC cruise with 2 formal nights . How formal are they ?

we have done a Cunard cruise which was very formal and I don't want to look out of place if we wear tux and long formal dresses . we will be eating in the main restaurant as we have our 15 year old son with us ( he esp. doesn't want to get over dressed up !)  .i have looked on line but there are different answers and pictures Thanks 

Just now, Stitch said:

Hi , we are due very soon to go on our first RC cruise with 2 formal nights . How formal are they ?

we have done a Cunard cruise which was very formal and I don't want to look out of place if we wear tux and long formal dresses . we will be eating in the main restaurant as we have our 15 year old son with us ( he esp. doesn't want to get over dressed up !)  .i have looked on line but there are different answers and pictures Thanks 

It varies from very formal tuxedos and gowns to cocktail dresses and khakis and polo shirts - kind of up to you how formal you'd like to be! 

Some people ignore the formal dress altogether and go to the dining room anyway, but expect to get dirty looks from other passengers who tend to be passionate about the 'stick to the dress code' thing. 

You can also bypass the formal dress on those nights altogether by eating in the Windjammer buffet or going to a specialty dining restaurant. 

Just now, Baked Alaska said:

I would not give you a dirty look as I'll be in my khaki skirt or shorts and a polo. ? 

I also assume you don't fall in to the category of, "paying too much attention to what other people are doing and letting it ruin your vacation"  ?

I'm the same way - I just know there's a lot of people that feel pretty passionate about the dress code.