Havana Club Rum in Nassau?

Scatmanjack

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 9:25 AM, firebuck said:

Esquire Liquor in Nassau has it - http://www.cblbahamas.com/product/subtype/5/rum.html It's duty free, and right across from the Hilton Hotel.

Must have walked right past this store and not seen it... I checked in 700 Wines and Spirits across from Hilton and additional store across from pier area and they said supply had dried up and Cuba wasn't allowing any more off this island right now... Guess I'll have to wait to March 2020 to check in Cozumel...

3 hours ago, Scatmanjack said:

Must have walked right past this store and not seen it... I checked in 700 Wines and Spirits across from Hilton and additional store across from pier area and they said supply had dried up and Cuba wasn't allowing any more off this island right now... Guess I'll have to wait to March 2020 to check in Cozumel...

Ugh... that stinks.  I got it there in the fall of 2016.  I wonder if the store changed hands since then?  Hopefully they'll have it in Cozumel!

Headed to Nassau in about 6 weeks. My son-in-laws father asked me (and my wife) to pick up some (4 bottles) Ricardo Coconut Rum for him. I don't dink so have never looked into bringing alcohol back. Quick look at the CBP website and we can each bring back 2 liters? Then we have a flight from Sanford, FL to Philly. Any issues with putting bottles in our checked luggage? Safe to assume I can get it duty free at the shop above?

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm in Nassau right now.Big chain retailers (700 wines,Bristol) don't carry it anymore but it is available in many smaller independent stores.7 year runs $37 at Jimmies to $60. 3 year runs $20 - $30. Store across street at cruise ship exit gate has both available.Those are the only Cuban expressions I've seen on this trip.

A new store (giftaholic) which used to be a 700 wines right on bay street just got in a big shipment of Havana Club direct from Cuba.Prices are double what they should be but it IS available. White,gold,yellow labels are $36.Brown label is $40.Black label is $50.Box set is $80. The bottles are all 70 Cl size...Everyone else's stores bottles are 1L size.Enjoy!

IMG_20191026_125904467.jpg

• 8 months later...

So,did Cozumel have any HC or did the trip get cancelled?

I was in Santo Domingo,Dominican Republic at the end of February, and several stores in the airport had 3 year and 7 year available in 750 ml size.(old style tall bottles on the 7 year) Didn't see any for sale in different towns or grocery stores though.

On 10/28/2019 at 12:17 PM, Scatmanjack said:

Thanks everyone for keeping this thread current...

I had no luck finding any back in December 2018 in Nassau...

Hopefully Cozumel in March 2020 will be a different tale...

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/9/2020 at 6:23 PM, Scatmanjack said:

We had our bags packed to sail on 3/15 and then everything hit the fan on 3/13...

Next booked sailing is 08/2021 on Liberty to Roatan, Costa Maya, Cozumel... 

Hopefully...

So... How was Cozumel? Did you go? I'm only seeing one or two ships docking at Nassau per day which is still only 25% of what is normal per day. They have major upgrades underway there and we hope to return in about another year to see how much things have changed.