Would you be worried if you found this....

So while stumbling around the internet looking for pics and reviews and info about my upcoming cruise, I come across an IG account of an engineer on Mariner of the Seas.

The first thing I notice on his profile is the  saying...You cannot spell SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER. (in capitals just like that)

Hmm..interesting...so I take a look at his most recent post of him down in the engine room area with  a smoke in his mouth and the caption is " When you've become disillusioned with life and everything you do seems not worthwhile."

His social media account is littered with pic of guns, bullets and sayings like "Not enough bullets for all the assholes out there" and "Still wanna be the first on my block to get a confirmed kill"  Pics of guns pointed saying "send nudes" and "Let bodies hit the floor"

I am not saying that it means anything...but I have to admit..I am kinda surprised that this type of thing is posted. I don't think my employer would allow me to do this and it certainly is not professional and perhaps borderline needing some kinda help....

With todays society and social media everywhere...anyone else seen something like this...and how did id make you feel?....

This definitely concerns me and I hope you have already reported this to Royal Caribbean. If not please let me know who it is and I will report them today and provide screenshots of anything questionable in case he deletes it upon questioning. Either way let me know who it is and I will report him as well. The more people the report it the more seriously it will be taken. This guy needs to be removed from any cruise ships before he can hurt anyone. Too often we hear about all the signs that were present before attacks but nobody said anything.

Yeah....seems a little off to say the least.....I would feel a little uneasy if I was on  the ship and discovered this i would think.

I am not even sure who or where I should/would send this info, but I know that if anything ever happened and then people looked back on his social media and saw it..they would wonder why nobody did or said something I am sure.

1 minute ago, monctonguy said:

Yeah....seems a little off to say the least.....I would feel a little uneasy if I was on  the ship and discovered this i would think.

I am not even sure who or where I should/would send this info, but I know that if anything ever happened and then people looked back on his social media and saw it..they would wonder why nobody did or said something I am sure.

What is his Instagram handle? I will find out who to send it to.

Just now, monctonguy said:

This seems like the kind of thing you send to literally anyone who will listen. 

Just now, monctonguy said:

I am not even sure who or where I should/would send this info

I would say to send it to Greg Purdy, who is SVP of Marine Operations, but his profile page doesn't give an email address. Same with Richard Fain, who should probably be made aware.

Maybe call the regular 800 number, try to get through immediately to a supervisor, then their supervisor, and so on until you can get an email for their security division, Purdy, and Fain. Don't give details beyond you need to raise a possible security issue due to some material you saw on social media related to Royal Caribbean, lest you inadvertently speak to someone who knows that individual and could tip them off. And as others here said, take screen shots so you have permanent evidence in case the pics are taken down.

If you give us his handle maybe a few of us can alert who ever we find to alert....so it wouldn't just be you and there would be a bigger chance of getting the right person.

Thank you for posting this. We all need to be responsible and this is a great community here - if not we'd all just be communicating how crappy this is.

Thanks everyone..I have been in touch with the Global security and Investigations Operations for Royal......they had asked me not to say anything further at this point as they look into this.

I certainly don't want to get any one in trouble but at the very least, even if this is all innocent speak on social media, it certainly doesn't make Royal look good...and it could be potentially much worse. 

4 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I certainly don't want to get any one in trouble but at the very least, even if this is all innocent speak on social media, it certainly doesn't make Royal look good...and it could be potentially much worse. 

If what you are saying he posted is true then there is no way it could be considered innocent speak on social media. Thank you for reporting it.

11 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

I certainly don't want to get any one in trouble but at the very least, even if this is all innocent speak on social media...

Rational and sane people do not say things like that repeatedly. Nothing about saying you want to kill people is innocent. If I'm not mistaken, a lot of people who do end up carrying out those actions posted similar things to their own social media accounts.  

You did the right thing. 

1 hour ago, monctonguy said:

Thanks everyone..I have been in touch with the Global security and Investigations Operations for Royal......they had asked me not to say anything further at this point as they look into this.

Thanks for speaking out!

I hope RCCL will give you some type of confirmation something has been done.  I believe once this has been done, then we can stop saying anything further.  

A call to RCMP/CSIS wouldn't hurt.  They know how to engage the appropriate agency on the other side of the border.

One concern with calling RC is that only represent RC's interests.  They won't likely get this guy on any radar screens of any government agency where he appears to belong.   

totall agree with @twangster.    obviously Royal wants to keep it under wraps.       At the end of the day,  the OP won't get a thing from Royal for reporting this so they certainly won't lose anything by continuing to press the issue outside of their bubble.   if anything, if this "leaks" out, than it will force their hand to ensure they have proper cyber-monitoring in place for this sort of thing going forward.   pictures or it didn't happen....

2 hours ago, monctonguy said:

Thank you for taking this further. I'm sure anyone traveling on that ship in the near future is grateful you took the time to report this to the proper authorities.

I can see this being a lot more benign than it appears. Most of what you mentioned can be traced back to music (lyrics or album title) and memes.

That being said, I can where it could be alarming and I wouldn’t want my business being connected to those post.  

You did the right thing just bringing it to royals attention. Better safe than sorry. 

ha...I doubt that and didn't do it for that.....although if I somehow stopped some big event from happening I guess it would be nice to receive some kinda acknowledgment....but at the end of the day.....I would rather feel safe than anything I guess!

And it is prob nothing at all...so I doubt I'll hear anything else at this point..but who knows. I did take screen shots of at least 4-5 of his different posts and they said if they needed anything else they would be in touch but they have/see everything that I saw.

I would have alerted the FBI, as they have jurisdiction and can coordinate with the Coast Guards while in U.S. coastal waters, if not in U.S. Coastal waters the FBI can escalate it up to the next port of entry authorities and have him detained until an investigation is completed.