Non-Royal Caribbean Shore Excursions with 4 kids

rookiecruiser

Hi, 

We are doing a family cruise for Thanksgiving this year. First time cruise for everyone involved. It will be me and my 3 siblings, two brother in laws, my parents and 4 nieces (age 6, 4, and 1). Any tips people have would be great but really I am wondering about non-Royal Caribbean shore excursions. Are they hard to make and does anyone have a suggestion for what we should do? We stop in Philipsburg, St. Marteen, San Juan, PR and Labadee, Haiti. Not everything has to be kid centered so I'm looking for any and all possibilities. 

Thanks!

9 hours ago, rookiecruiser said:

Philipsburg, St. Marteen

Go to Le Galion Beach: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/06/09/excursion-focus-le-galion-beach-st-martin

San Juan, PR

Just walk around, no excursion required. San Juan is a great city for exploring. https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2015/04/14/things-do-old-san-juan

Labadee

Beach day! No excursion required. It's Royal Caribbean's private "island", so just walk off the ship and find a spot on the beach.

Do some research before you head out in St. Maarteen,  In March, many beaches were a long way from being back to normal after the hurricane.  We hired a driver (did some research on TripAdvisor) and he took us around the island which is a great way to see it.  As for a beach, in my opinion the best one was very close to the pier, Great Bay Beach.  

I highly recommend the renting a beach bungalow in Labadee.  Cost is about $250 and everyone has a nice quiet spot on the beach with plenty of space for your nieces to play.  By renting a bungalow it takes you away from the crowds and gives you some shade.