Power strips

LadyB

We've always known Surge Protectors are not allowed on RCCL ships, but I was just watching a Vlog by Griff & Alyssa on Youtube and they just had they're power strip taken by 

security.  Security told them power strips were no longer allowed on Royal ships.  They said people were leaving them plugged in and the strips were over heating and starting

fires. This was just yesterday on their cruise to the Caribbean out of San Juan.  Has anyone else heard of this?

5 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

Did you pack it in your carry on luggage or in your boarding luggage? I also wonder what they do with all these excess confiscations.

My understanding is anything confiscated at the beginning of the cruise will be returned at the end.

23 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

Did you pack it in your carry on luggage or in your boarding luggage? I also wonder what they do with all these excess confiscations.

It was in my packed luggage, so I had to go down to the naughty room on Deck 2 to retrieve my suitcase on Day 1...This was on Oasis in February.  Basically the same cord as Twangster's got nabbed.  

They set aside confiscated items for you to pick up at guest services during disembarkation, but we did self-assist and I didn't bother to wait in another line for a $5 item.

2 minutes ago, KLA said:

Sometime's I've seen the confiscated items in the cruise terminal sitting on a table - usually it's mostly full with confiscated cables but every time I see the table there's always some genius who seems to have tried to bring an iron on board. 

Someone posted this on a FB page a while back.....??

No automatic alt text available.

I think someone was confused.  It's Disney Cruise Lines that has Pirate Night.

(However, toy swords are also banned on DCL)

The whip looks to me like it might have been purchased at a port of call and RCCL politely offered to store it for them until the end of the cruise.  I assume they were allowed to hold on to the hat and leather jacket, however.

1 minute ago, NS8VN said:

The whip looks to me like it might have been purchased at a port of call and RCCL politely offered to store it for them until the end of the cruise.  I assume they were allowed to hold on to the hat and leather jacket, however.

Yeah, sure. Let's go with that. ?