Cut off to book

Well, it appears Hurricane Lane is going to thwart the Hawaiian vacation I'm set to start on Friday. I am currently panicking/looking into last minute alternate vacation options for next week. Before I dive into available cruise ships - does anyone happen to know of the cut off to book? I am assume the passenger manifest has to be finalized at some point before the ship sales. 

Many thanks! 

P.S. if you have a recommendation for a great activity filled all inclusive resort please let me know! It's just my husband and me, 34 year olds in need of sun and stiff drinks. 

I've often wondered if the storied 3 day rule is an actual law or just cruise line speak. You can walk into an airport and buy a ticket the day of a flight so why does US law require cruise lines to provide 3 days and no accommodation for day of cruise purchases?

For example, you miss the ship in Mexico but have your passport with you.  You don't have to wait 3 days before flying home.  Along the same lines,  you can walk into an airport and fly to the UK or Canada or Jamaica that day with a passport and a credit card.  

If anything you would think they would be more worried about day of flight airline travel compared to day of cruise ship travel.  

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

I've often wondered if the storied 3 day rule is an actual law or just cruise line speak. You can walk into an airport and buy a ticket the day of a flight so why does US law require cruise lines to provide 3 days and no accommodation for day of cruise purchases?

For example, you miss the ship in Mexico but have your passport with you.  You don't have to wait 3 days before flying home.  Along the same lines,  you can walk into an airport and fly to the UK or Canada or Jamaica that day with a passport and a credit card.  

If anything you would think they would be more worried about day of flight airline travel compared to day of cruise ship travel.  

I agree.  

1 hour ago, ABFrenchie said:

P.S. if you have a recommendation for a great activity filled all inclusive resort please let me know!

Friend of mine and his wife  just got back from this all-inclusive in Mexico for their honeymoon. They loved it, but, it may be a bit pricey to book on such short notice. (They got a great deal that included airfare through their TA).

https://www.unicohotelrivieramaya.com/

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I've often wondered if the storied 3 day rule is an actual law or just cruise line speak

I've tried booking cruises less than 3 days before the cruise and they always tell me no.  If we've all learned anything from RC it's that they would never pass up an opportunity to make more money if they had the chance.

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

I've tried booking cruises less than 3 days before the cruise and they always tell me no.  If we've all learned anything from RC it's that they would never pass up an opportunity to make more money if they had the chance.

At the 3 day mark revenue is passed from corporate to ship.  At that point all guest purchases and booking are under ship control.  That doesn't make it a law, just inflexible IT.  

I'd still like to see the actual piece of law that is imposed by the US government.