Royal Caribbean App

Farminger

So, I was kinda jazzed to see that the Enchantment of the Seas was added to the list of vessels that afford access to the Royal App in this most recent update. However, this raises a few questions:

1. Has anyone used this on Enchantment (or any other vessel for that matter), and what did you think of it?

2. Does one need to have the internet package to access it while on board?

Thanks!

The app is a work in progress.  On ships that were app enabled in the past it wasn't 'all that' (Serenade in March) .  I found the paper cruise compass to be much more detailed and informative.  

It's been several months since, new features have been added and I have several app-enabled ships booked in the coming months including Mariner and Enchantment in September.  

The app does not require a paid Voom plan (internet access).  

15 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I recently tested it out on Mariner.  It was pretty functional.  I was able to access everything except menus. I thought it was great for checking my balance, and using it in place of the daily compass.

Glad to hear this! We used it on Allure in October and functionality was still pretty limited, but sounds like a lot more has been added. Looking forward to trying it again in October!

15 hours ago, Farminger said:

So, I was kinda jazzed to see that the Enchantment of the Seas was added to the list of vessels that afford access to the Royal App in this most recent update. However, this raises a few questions:

1. Has anyone used this on Enchantment (or any other vessel for that matter), and what did you think of it?

2. Does one need to have the internet package to access it while on board?

Thanks!

1.  I'll be on the Enchantment first weekend in October & will test it then.

2. No Internet package necessary

16 minutes ago, KLA said:

Glad to hear this! We used it on Allure in October and functionality was still pretty limited, but sounds like a lot more has been added. Looking forward to trying it again in October!

We used it on the Allure in March and it was . . . eh.  I could get the restaurant & MDR menus out of it, but our Itinerary got shuffled due to some weather issues and the app never got updated, so after the second day or so, everything was wrong--even the shipboard activities.

I went back to my old school method of taking a picture of each page of the daily cruise compass in the morning to keep a "digital" copy with me on my phone.

• 2 weeks later...

So on my phone specifically the App, I can access the following cruises that I have in the pipeline.

Allure 10/14/18 (this one even show expedite arrival  ? )

Symphony 11/17/18

However, for our Mariner sailing 11/9 I get this message "We've found your reservation" and "Please check back for cruise detail closer to departure".  It doesn't make sense that the Symphony which is after the Mariner is available on the app and not the Mariner.  Probably a glitch.

We are probably sailing on the Mariner again on 12/28 maybe it will correct itself!!

23 hours ago, RBRSKI said:

So on my phone specifically the App, I can access the following cruises that I have in the pipeline.

Allure 10/14/18 (this one even show expedite arrival  ? )

Symphony 11/17/18

However, for our Mariner sailing 11/9 I get this message "We've found your reservation" and "Please check back for cruise detail closer to departure".  It doesn't make sense that the Symphony which is after the Mariner is available on the app and not the Mariner.  Probably a glitch.

We are probably sailing on the Mariner again on 12/28 maybe it will correct itself!!

Has anyone sailed on the Mariner and the app work?