Running track on Harmony

Hey everybody,

I don't expect this to be a popular topic but I know there's a few of you out there...anyone run/jog on Harmony's running track or Oasis class? I typically like to get in 7-10 miles a day...and sometimes run twice a day, as long as I get my 7-10 in.....anyway, is it just runners/walkers on the track or is there a lot of traffic from guests just passing through...?  Thanks all!?

I am a runner and the jogging track is located on deck 5 on all Oasis class ships.  The track has one side for walkers and one for runners. Most people are very courteous when they are walking side by side and hear you coming from behind to move over.  Or just a "on your right" works too.  They have some motivational signs on the ceiling as you run on the track. 

Really depends on the day but as stated a simple "on your direction..." works. I used the track almost every day. The mornings were mainly just runners and afternoons there was a mix. I really liked the track. 2 water fountains. Areas to stretch. You'll see a lot of staff but they stay out of the way. I only did about 3 every day, 7-10 is amazing.

I've used the track on Voyager, Freedom and Oasis class ships and I have to say the track on the Oasis class ships are the best of the three!  On Voyager and Freedom they are on an upper deck with a lot of deck chairs sticking out in the way (especially in the afternoons).  Plus on the Voyager and Freedom class ships, when the ship is cruising, the head-wind (when running towards the front), can be brutal.  On Oasis ships, while there's still a head-wind, it's not as bad because the ships itself acts as wind barrier.  Also, since the ship is so big, I think it was around 2.5 laps to a mile.

One final thing, on hot days, it felt great when you run by the doors of the fitness center because you would feel a rush of cool A/C!

I agree that the track on the Oasis class is great for running and walking compared to the other ships.  The other ships "tracks" are all on the top deck with loungers and a lot of traffic whereas the Oasis class are more dedicated to the task.  I personally don't run as there are no bears on the ship to chase me but I do a fair amount of walking.

I recently started running again after taking about three years off and am back up to 3 miles per day...I had to get my run in on Allure in June, and while the track is ok...due to the time of year, and the fact that we were docked in Nassau one day I ran, the heat was stifling because the ventilation on that deck is pretty much non-existent. I should have run that day while still at sea and before the sun came up. The thing I like about running on Oasis class is that you are close to the Promenade and water in Cafe Promenade pretty much any time of day you choose to run.

Matt did a podcast with a guy who ran a marathon on each RC ship he sailed -- Episode 171 on the RCLBlog podcast...very interesting...

Below is a screenshot of how my running app tracked me while in port.

image.png.eff23e373198ffb2fe7ca75ffd7f1a3e.png

• 1 year later...

Does anyone know if the running/walking track on Symphony has rules like that you can’t have a stroller on it? We are planning a cruise with our 18mo old and I would like to keep up our daily walks while onboard, but he’s too little to actually walk himself for as long as I like to take him on a walk for. Thank you! 

4 minutes ago, Makennedy said:

Does anyone know if the running/walking track on Symphony has rules like that you can’t have a stroller on it? We are planning a cruise with our 18mo old and I would like to keep up our daily walks while onboard, but he’s too little to actually walk himself for as long as I like to take him on a walk for. Thank you! 

Dont remember any specific rules... but I do remember some people with walkers/strollers using the track. 

As long as you're being considerate of others... no one will care or say anything. And like other have already posted... 99% of the people that are on the track are very courteous to the walk/run lanes. 

Unlike other ships... the oasis class ships have the designated lanes with room to spare. So even if you dont hear a runner coming up behind you in time if you are two wide... there is usually room to pass.  The only narrow parts are at the forward and aft ends of the ship. 

Def. one of the best tracks on a cruise ship.