Disembarking at Port Liberty

chrisd596

What's the procedure of disembarkment at P Liberty and does it work well?

Last year I tried to leave early from the Anthem of the Seas and there were huge lines around the ship. However friends of ours did follow the directions and told us they walked off pretty easy. I'm guessing this time I should just follow RC directions and leave the time they tell us.

Next week we are sailing the Adventure of the Seas, and I guess that should be a little easier since the Adventure doesn't hold as many as the Anthem???

Thanks

Chris

Great to hear Cape Liberty is an easy disembarkation port when you carry your own as we will soon take our first cruise on AOS out of this port.

16 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

When we walked off between 8:30am and 9am for Anthem in March, it was fast. 

And it also sounds like you don't necessarily need to line up early to get off the ship and make it through customs quickly .

2 hours ago, PrincipalTinker said:

I will say we had our luggage picked up the night before. By the time we finished breakfast they were calling our number. We walked right out and met a porter that walked us through security . It was very easy and seemed to get us through the shortest line.

Sounds great -- we may try the "normal" luggage pick-up option for our disembarkation and enjoy breakfast onboard for a change on the last morning.  We don't have to rush to catch a flight. 

2 hours ago, fonemanbob said:

Customs is a real breeze now that their are no declaration forms to process.  

Thanks for confirming speedy customs at Port Liberty -- went fast for us at Port Canaveral earlier this year, but we left the ship early with self-disembarkation. 

2 hours ago, Iluv4n6 said:

Sounds great -- we may try the "normal" luggage pick-up option for our disembarkation and enjoy breakfast onboard for a change on the last morning.  We don't have to rush to catch a flight. 

Thanks for confirming speedy customs at Port Liberty -- went fast for us at Port Canaveral earlier this year, but we left the ship early with self-disembarkation. 

fonemanbob said it was speedy with self-disembarkation.  Otherwise it's not speedy, unless you use a porter.  Back in April after my Anthemcruise, II didn't use a porter, but I should have.  The line was slow and never ending.

3 hours ago, Iluv4n6 said:

We did the same in Tampa in February.

I think each sailing is a bit different, to be honest.  We sailed out of Cape Liberty this past May, and it was only as fast as the customs agents were that day.  We were driving, so no rush off the ship.  We took our time, lines weren't bad, and leisurely made out way out.  We let them take our luggage so we didn't need to lug it to breakfast. If you're not rushing to make a plane, then why worry about rushing off the ship.