Group Cruise ideas for Matt!

Kim&N8

@Matt there were awesome ideas happening on periscope last night. The radio this morning told me it’s National Rum day which reminded me of the kraken 5k... your event could be The Kraken 5k... rum for rum! We’ll need a winners medal ? 

Also I bet we could get a whole list of amazing group cruise ideas going here! 

11 minutes ago, Kim&N8 said:

@Matt there were awesome ideas happening on periscope last night. The radio this morning told me it’s National Rum day which reminded me of the kraken 5k... your event could be The Kraken 5k... rum for rum! We’ll need a winners medal ? 

Also I bet we could get a whole list of amazing group cruise ideas going here! 

Maybe you'll get a better response than i did...he just laughs at my group cruise ideas ?

He lets small things get in the way of my suggestions...like his kids need to attend school and he has to work and ect...?

@Matt has had a bunch of us badgering him for a 2020 July group cruise to Canada & New England. Granted, that's only a 6-night itinerary; we might have to make it a B2B with the 8-night Bahamas & Perfect Day run for a proper vacation, not to mention giving enough time for all of us to properly sample the Kraken and other libations. ?

9 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

@Matt has had a bunch of us badgering him for a 2020 July group cruise to Canada & New England. Granted, that's only a 6-night itinerary; we might have to make it a B2B with the 8-night Bahamas & Perfect Day run for a proper vacation, not to mention giving enough time for all of us to properly sample the Kraken and other libations. ?

I need more vacation time!!!! That sounds amazing and I’m droving distance to NJ ? 

Just now, CGTLH said:

Will say the comment about how bar crawls shrink as the progress is very true. Participated in one back in May. By the end maybe a quarter still remained (survived).

There's so much going on during any cruise, it's to be expected that some folks will have other plans.  

That being said, my concern is even if the "5K" element is more of a joke than a real road race, it will scare off folks who might otherwise a traditional pub crawl. 

Comment about a Poker "Run"... Fun to do, but the logistics can be a pain. Plus depending on numbers of participants it can become very complex.

On one cruise it was combined with a Suite only cabin crawl. Think we stopped at 4 different suites plus a refreshment break at a bar. Drew two cards at the first and last stop, then one at the other stops. Best and worst 5 card hand (out of 7), split was 90/10.

12 minutes ago, CGTLH said:

Comment about a Poker "Run"... Fun to do, but the logistics can be a pain. Plus depending on numbers of participants it can become very complex.

On one cruise it was combined with a Suite only cabin crawl. Think we stopped at 4 different suites plus a refreshment break at a bar. Drew two cards at the first and last stop, then one at the other stops. Best and worst 5 card hand (out of 7), split was 90/10.

It's not a bad idea, but to be honest, I don't feel comfortable running any kind of gambling circuit.  It's outside of my comfort zone, especially as a group organizer. 

I did not want you to feel like I belittled your idea or did not appreciate it.  I wanted to explain exactly why I'm hesitant to do it.

Just now, Matt said:

It's not a bad idea, but to be honest, I don't feel comfortable running any kind of gambling circuit.  It's outside of my comfort zone, especially as a group organizer. 

I did not want you to feel like I belittled your idea or did not appreciate it.  I wanted to explain exactly why I'm hesitant to do it.

Understand 100% It was fun, but the organizer had it down to a science. Could tell it wasn't their first time setting it up.

One thought to take some of the gambling aspect out of it. No pot, no fee to participate. Good prize and crummy prize (example: voucher for a shirt | a sticker/magnet).

2 hours ago, Matt said:

That being said, my concern is even if the "5K" element is more of a joke than a real road race, it will scare off folks who might otherwise a traditional pub crawl.

It would still be better than this particular crawl ?

worlds-end-poster-simon-pegg.jpg movies-the-worlds-end-character-poster-2 movies-the-worlds-end-character-poster-1 movies-the-worlds-end-character-poster-3

7 hours ago, JLMoran said:

There is the 9-night!