Booking question - Entertainment and Activities

Mialsa

This will be my first cruise with RC. Can someone tell me the window for booking entertainment and activities on the cruise planner?

When I go in it says cannot reserve this right now please try again onboard.

Does this mean it is too early? Cruise date 4/14/19

Or have I really missed booking anything until I get onboard?

It will allow me to book shore excursions and beverage packages, just not activities and entertainment onboard.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...
On 8/15/2018 at 8:11 AM, Matt said:

Pre-booking entertainment is only available on Oasis and Quantum class ships.

When exactly it becomes available for pre-booking varies. Here's a good overview of what to expect: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/07/23/first-time-cruisers-when-can-i-prebook-entertainment-dining-and-more-my-royal-caribbean

So, Matt, first time cruiser going on FOTS in Feb...from what I’m understanding is that we probably wont be able to book entertainment until we board the ship. I was hoping we could get all that done before the cruise. We don’t even know what is being offered as far as shows and entertainment. Kind of bummed!!

9 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The production shows on the Freedom Class do not require (or even permit) reservations.  The only things that you might want to reserve would be something like a cupcake decorating class or sushi making.  Everything else will be first come, first served.

I'm assuming this goes for Voyager Class (Navigator of the Seas) as well?

10 hours ago, Nay said:

So, Matt, first time cruiser going on FOTS in Feb...from what I’m understanding is that we probably wont be able to book entertainment until we board the ship. I was hoping we could get all that done before the cruise. We don’t even know what is being offered as far as shows and entertainment. Kind of bummed!!

You really don't need reservations.  I walked in to Independence shows 5-10 minutes early and had no problem with seats.  If you are picky about a seat, then you should show up about 30 minutes early.  Check previous cruise planners (tab at the top of this page) for an idea of times and shows.  The headliner act will probably change but it should give you an idea of times.  Here is a November Freedom compass http://royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compasses/freedom-of-the-seas/sun-2018-11-04-0000

4 minutes ago, Kyle_cardinalsfan51 said:

I'm assuming this goes for Voyager Class (Navigator of the Seas) as well?

Yes.