Jump to content

Once on board, what do YOU do on embarkation day?


Recommended Posts

Will try to get early as possible (10-10:30), will go to  a special restaurant to book restaurants if I have BOGO or other dining package. 

Go to the WJ or Park cafe to eat , drink a frozen drink  and drop the bags at the room if it is open, on the newer ships I will go to do some of the activities like  laser tag or zip line before the lines will start to form 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Monctonguy,

I do what you do. I walk the ship, at least the parts they let me into. I find where the library, internet cafe, etc. are. By the end of the first two hours I have my bearings and can pretty much find everything from there on out. I love to people watch. I usually find a window seat that over looks the Royal Promenade and watch the crazy people. It is funny to me that you can usually tell the first time cruisers right away.

Candie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We don't have a set itinerary, per se'.  Probably hit the trellis bar on our way to the Kummelwick shop, then up to the Solarium, where I plan to spend a lot of time during the cruise.

 

As soon as I get the squirt when I come on board, though, all bets are off!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arrive at 10:00 a.m.    Make specialty dinner reservations.   Make spa reservations.  Make any show reservations unless already done on line.   Check out M.D.R. table location.  Off to the Windjammer. Then explore until the  room is ready.   During that time of exploring put the drink card to use.  Then unpack. turn off and lock up the cell phones.  Bonn Voyage.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/16/2018 at 7:54 PM, firegal2539 said:

Monctonguy,

I do what you do. I walk the ship, at least the parts they let me into. I find where the library, internet cafe, etc. are. By the end of the first two hours I have my bearings and can pretty much find everything from there on out. I love to people watch. I usually find a window seat that over looks the Royal Promenade and watch the crazy people. It is funny to me that you can usually tell the first time cruisers right away.

Candie

Doesn’t anyone utilize the giant touchscreen TVs to find anything @ anytime?? J/K

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2018 at 2:02 PM, tonyfsu21 said:

Doesn’t anyone utilize the giant touchscreen TVs to find anything @ anytime?? J/K

I've used the screens to get my bearings, to look at the compass if I've left my copy in the cabin and mainly I use them every day to check out the MDR menu for dinner that night

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My embarkation day routine is pretty much as follows:

1. Board the ship while taking eight billion photos on the way LOL. 
2. Try not to look like a dork squeeing in delight as I step aboard. 
3. Try to patiently wait for elevator for that sweet, sweet buffet Jammer food.
4. Try to patiently wait in Jammer line and resist temptation to feel like Veruca Salt ?
5. Continue to take eight billion photos.
6. Try to behave like an adult and not eat everything in sight.
7. Locate prison cell studio stateroom when rooms become available and praise the cruising gods that you don't have to share it with anyone else this week ? 
8. Find prison warden stateroom attendant to say hi. 
9. Continue to explore ship and take eight billion photos.
10. Post photos online with the explicit purpose of making people at home jealous
11. Attend muster drill and resist temptation not to sing along loudly and take eight billion photos. 
12. Celebrate, WE ARE ON VACATION! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2018 at 9:27 AM, rjac said:

What giant touchscreen TVs? I never noticed any.......:3_grin:

Might mean the big screens near the elevators. Full of lots of information, changing all the time... I was halfway through the cruise when I saw someone touch it, and that's when I realized how much you can do with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Keeves said:

Might mean the big screens near the elevators. Full of lots of information, changing all the time... I was halfway through the cruise when I saw someone touch it, and that's when I realized how much you can do with it.

Yeah I threw people off with “giant”! They are at least 42” though and tell you everything you need to know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...