Labadee jellyfish - beware!

Lynn T

On my cruise last week there were a lot of small jellyfish in the water at Columbus Cove.  I heard at least 3 people complain of being stung.  Somehow my daughter managed to "catch" one in a disposable drink cup and set it on the wall by the water access, it was fun to watch for a while but I'm not sure how she escaped without getting stung.

One more wildlife adventure this day -- We got off early and had great shady chairs right by the water, fantastic people watching.  One small boy started shrieking in the water and it turns out a squid had latched onto his arm!  A ship photographer asked us to watch his camera and he waded out to help - meanwhile all the other adults in the water were scrambling away as though Jaws was on the loose!  It was crazy.  Kid seemed okay, thankfully!

All that said, the water was lovely.... ?

That reminds me of an incident MANY years ago.  My very young (at the time) nephew somehow got a crab in his swimming trunks who latched onto a testicle.  Needless to say, the poor chap (now a grown man with a family) still gets asked to recount that harrowing story.  I still shamelessly giggle even though it was NOT funny to him at the time !