Looking for pre-cruise room in Barcelona. Any suggestions?

inkydinkydoo

We are flying into Barcelona the day before our European/Western Mediterranean cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. Any recommendations for a decent, reasonably-priced hotel for one night? Also, how would you suggest we get from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the ship, and from the ship to the airport when our cruise ends? For what it's worth, there are nine people in our group, and this is our first cruise. Any advice is much appreciated!

Welcome to the Blog.  When we did the cruise out of Barcelona took taxis from airport to hotel and from hotel to port. We stayed at a hotel close to the Familia for ease of a visit there. Not complicated and fairly priced. I am sure you could get three taxis or check into a shared ride service from airport to hotel. It was very convenient to do a RC transfer after cruise to the airport. If you are only staying for a night precruise then anywhere in general area is fine as you will need some type of transportation no matter where you stay. Search TripAdvisor for reviews and locations. We stayed at an apartment with full kitchen as we came in 3 nights early.

• 2 weeks later...

I asked a similar question, so if you search the threads, you will find lots of answers.  I ended up booking the H10 Art Gallery at the suggestion of a close friend who had stayed there a couple of years ago before her cruise.  I had another friend suggest the Jazz Hotel, which is similarly priced to the H10 Art Gallery.  I have heard / read that the taxis are the best and easiest way to get around Barcelona.  The taxi drivers went on strike earlier this year boycotting services like Uber.  There are apps to use taxis.

We are going next month, so I can't speak from experience yet.  However, my girlfriend who went 3 years ago said to take a taxi from the airport to the hotel (they are easy to get at the airport) & then have the hotel arrange a taxi from the hotel to the pier.  I'm thinking I will pay the RCCL transfer for getting from the ship back to the airport on disembarkation.  It's always mass chaos on disembarkation day, and I definitely don't want to risk missing an international flight b/c I couldn't find a taxi.