Carnival Spirit

RCVoyager

I realize this is a RCCL blog.  But most here have experience with Royal's competition.

I am interested in what ultimately happens to ships on which I have sailed... including the Spirit.  I can no longer find it on Carnival's website.  I find vague news stories that she now operates from Australia.  However, there is no mention of her on Carnival's website.  Anyone here know what has happened to her and what her future holds?

Thanks.

On Carnival Spirits Wikipedia page it says: 

"In 2012 following her dry dock, Carnival Spirit was transferred to Carnival's Australian branch, and can only be booked by Carnival Australia's official website. Her permanent home port is Sydney, Australia, from where she sails to New Caledonia, Fiji, Vanuatu and New Zealand.

In summer 2018, Carnival Spirit underwent another significant renovation. As a result of a two-week dry dock in Singapore, the ship received the Pixels Digital Photo Gallery, SoulPlay creative studio, new duty-free shops, the Warehouse video arcade and other amenities."

So looks like to book a trip on Carnival Spirit you have to be on Carnival Australia's official Website, which is probably why you can't find any voyages when searching from the american site!

7 minutes ago, RCVoyager said:

Thanks for all the insight.  I was unaware there was a Carnival Australia website.  Seems that would not be great for business.  It should be available on the main website.

Carnival tends to operate that way.  I'm not sure if you get VIFP points as an American sailing out of Australia. If you are thinking about booking and that's important to you, make sure to ask.  

1 hour ago, twangster said:

Carnival tends to operate that way.  I'm not sure if you get VIFP points as an American sailing out of Australia. If you are thinking about booking and that's important to you, make sure to ask.  

Actually, I'm not planning to book the Spirit.  I try to keep an eye on  the roughly 140+- ships from the major cruise lines (RCCL, Carnival, Celebrity, NCL, HAL, MSC, Costa, & Princess) with an interest on the ships that I've been on.

I went onto carnivalaustralia's website.  The have multiple brands available on that site.  Some are  outside of the big 8 brands listed above, and some are ships from the group above.  With a quick look, only the Spirit appears to be taken off it's company's website, but still sailing under the same name.  Interesting to me... probably not anyone else.