Digital Photo Package

Kim&N8

Hey! Hoping someone has used the digital photo package recently. If I book the Digital photo package do I need to go look every day an "claim" my photos or do they have a way of knowing its mine when the photo is taken (thinking like disney scans your magic band and its all tied to you)?

THANKS!

11 hours ago, Kim&N8 said:

Hey! Hoping someone has used the digital photo package recently. If I book the Digital photo package do I need to go look every day an "claim" my photos or do they have a way of knowing its mine when the photo is taken (thinking like disney scans your magic band and its all tied to you)?

THANKS!

I haven't bought that package, but I do remember when we got photos taken that we had to give our SeaPass card for them to scan before they took any pics. So I would imagine it's just like the drink package, and once they scan your card they'll see you have the photo package.

11 hours ago, Kim&N8 said:

THANKS!

We have never bought digital packages, but it's definitely worth looking at to make sure your pictures are there and they are you. 

They use a facial recognition program for a lot of the pictures.  The smaller ships ask for your stateroom number where on Quantum & Harmony I feel like it just "happened."  On Adventure this past May, we were asked for our stateroom number at the beginning of the week, then not again. Every night the photographers came into the dining room.  Just the first night we gave him the stateroom number.  He never asked again.  We don't usually stop for the port photographers, so can't speak to them, but passing by I don't recall hearing them ask.  Our pictures were always in our online album.  We did stair portraits one evening and was asked the room number as there were 6 of us and they wanted to make sure the pictures got assigned to both rooms.  We did a family shot  of the four of us in front of a backdrop and were not asked for our room number.

On Harmony we did have pictures that were not ours, the people looked NOTHING like us (different race) so they must've been asked for a room number, cause there was no way an elderly Indian woman was mistaken for me by the facial recognition program.  LOL 

They will ask for you sea pass card or your room number where you stop for pictures or they stop you.  Then you can go to the photo shop and view them.  The last night you can pick up a flash drive with all your pictures on it.  We enjoy doing it because we rarely take couples pictures.

7 hours ago, function12 said:

They will ask for you sea pass card or your room number we you stop for pictures or they stop you.  Then you can go to the photo shop and view them.  The last night you can pick up a flash drive with all your pictures on it.  We enjoy doing it because we rarely take couples pictures.

Yes! we don't have pictures since our last cruise! so I'm hoping to get more this time and make a point to have them look good. Only our formal night ones came out well the last time but I think it wasn't on our minds that we cared much.

There is some use of facial recognition software also.  When we went to view our pictures, we found a fair number with one of our family members in the background of others who were posing for pics. The best was one of my sons, apparently having an intense heart-to-heart , in the hot tub, behind a group of celebrating teens.

I will also say that the photo staff members were quite helpful in linking pics from my cabin with those of my minor sons, in another cabin.