Ovation of the Seas question

Hey all. 

I just booked a cruise for July on Ovation of the Seas going to Alaska in 2019. Very excited. 

This will be my first time on a Quantum class ship. I booked a junior suite which gives me access to Coastal Kitchen at dinner I believe. Wondering how good is it? It it so good that Specialty Dining isn’t needed at all or just a little better and smaller than the main dining room?

Obviously food is very subjective but just curious on people’s opinions. Thanks 

I booked a JS a month before you on Ovation and access to CK was a factor for me.  Dinner only for JS, no breakfast or lunch.

I plan on doing Jamie's and maybe Wonderland because my travel companions haven't experienced them.  I'd place CK somewhere between MDR and specialty dining, but as you say, food is personal.

11 hours ago, Oliver said:

Hey all. 

I just booked a cruise for July on Ovation of the Seas going to Alaska in 2019. Very excited. 

This will be my first time on a Quantum class ship. I booked a junior suite which gives me access to Coastal Kitchen at dinner I believe. Wondering how good is it? It it so good that Specialty Dining isn’t needed at all or just a little better and smaller than the main dining room?

I booked Ovation 2019 July too on my current cruise! What July date?

13 hours ago, Oliver said:

We ADORE Coastal Kitchen!!!  Yes, food is very subjective but IMO, Coastal Kitchen is just as good (if not better than) as any specialty restaurant.  The MDR cannot even compare.  We will book suites that include at least dinner in Coastal Kitchen if the ship has one.  Not only is the food better, but, IMO, service is better and more personalize too.  Yes, it is smaller, and that is why reservations is almost a must.  From what I understand, the CK menu is fairly universal across the fleet now.  If you take a look at @bellemiche live blog from Oasis, and mine from Anthem, there are CK menus posted and pics of some of the food:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/8867-oasis-of-the-seas-july-29-august-5/

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5780-anthem-of-the-seas-march-9-17-2018/

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We ADORE Coastal Kitchen!!!  Yes, food is very subjective but IMO, Coastal Kitchen is just as good (if not better than) as any specialty restaurant.  The MDR cannot even compare.  We will book suites that include at least dinner in Coastal Kitchen if the ship has one.  Not only is the food better, but, IMO, service is better and more personalize too.  Yes, it is smaller, and that is why reservations is almost a must.  From what I understand, the CK menu is fairly universal across the fleet now.  If you take a look at @bellemiche live blog from Oasis, and mine from Anthem, there are CK menus posted and pics of some of the food:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/8867-oasis-of-the-seas-july-29-august-5/

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/5780-anthem-of-the-seas-march-9-17-2018/

Thanks so much 

On 8/10/2018 at 8:05 PM, Oliver said:

Hey all. 

I've sailed twice on the Oasis of the Seas and my wife and I LOVED the Coastal Kitchen - we had a crown loft and ate breakfast and lunch there every day.  We never set foot in the main dining room the entire cruise.  We had also bought the three meal dinner package before we sailed, so we had one night in Chops, Giavoni's, and 150 Park Cafe.  I can't say the CK was as good as those three upscale dining spots, but it was still very good and we enjoyed every night there.  The servers got to know us and after the first night, they brought us our favorite things without asking. 

I haven't been in a CK on a Quantum ship (yet), but we are booked on the Ovation for an Alaska cruise on June 14th, 2019.  We will beat you there by a month!  We also booked a JS, so we will be eating dinners there every night when not at a specialty restaurant.  We are chomping at the bit waiting for the sailing date to get here!    

21 hours ago, NeonD7 said:

I've sailed twice on the Oasis of the Seas and my wife and I LOVED the Coastal Kitchen - we had a crown loft and ate breakfast and lunch there every day.  We never set foot in the main dining room the entire cruise.  We had also bought the three meal dinner package before we sailed, so we had one night in Chops, Giavoni's, and 150 Park Cafe.  I can't say the CK was as good as those three upscale dining spots, but it was still very good and we enjoyed every night there.  The servers got to know us and after the first night, they brought us our favorite things without asking. 

I haven't been in a CK on a Quantum ship (yet), but we are booked on the Ovation for an Alaska cruise on June 14th, 2019.  We will beat you there by a month!  We also booked a JS, so we will be eating dinners there every night when not at a specialty restaurant.  We are chomping at the bit waiting for the sailing date to get here!    

Thanks for your comment