First sailing was on Celebrity awhile ago

HtownHolly

So I just read here that Celebrity and RC are sibling lines. We've been on two cruises before and the very FIRST one was on Celebrity, in 2001 (second was Carnival in 2013). Would it be possible to "claim" Crown & Anchor status through that old Celebrity cruise? I mean, it'd be nice to start out my first RC proper cruise with some benefits :)

My apologies, I didn't see this until after I responded in the "Introduce Yourself" thread.  

In case any one else come across your post and has the same question, I'll copy my response here as well:

While RC and Celebrity are sister cruise lines, each maintains it's own loyalty program.  You only earn points in each respective program when you sail with that cruise line.  Points can NOT be added or moved between programs.  As a Celebrity Captains Club member you may already have a Crown and Anchor number assigned to you.  You can call either Celebrity or Royal Caribbean to ask, just be aware if you have never sailed Royal, your initial status will be "Pre-Gold".  

If you have achieved Select or higher with Celebrity your status will be recognized when you sail on a Royal Caribbean ship.   Select will gain your the same benefits as if you are Crown and Anchor Platinum level, Elite or higher will gain you Diamond benefits.  

It is detailed here:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/enroll

(go to the bottom)

4 hours ago, twangster said:

If you have achieved Select or higher with Celebrity your status will be recognized when you sail on a Royal Caribbean ship.   Select will gain your the same benefits as if you are Crown and Anchor Platinum level, Elite or higher will gain you Diamond benefits.

And the reverse will also be true if you sail Royal for a while, build up your C&A rank, and then decide to go back to Celebrity.

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, michelle said:

its not automatic though - you have to tell this to the Celebrity/RCI agent that does the booking
so they can create the status for you.  Just fyi

Oh! I thought part of the whole data system and web site rework was that all of the loyalty programs were being reworked, so each person had just one loyalty member ID and everything was unified. I guess Royal only cared about getting everyone down to a single ID across the lines, and not so much about one unified loyalty system. ??

2 hours ago, JLMoran said:

Oh! I thought part of the whole data system and web site rework was that all of the loyalty programs were being reworked, so each person had just one loyalty member ID and everything was unified. I guess Royal only cared about getting everyone down to a single ID across the lines, and not so much about one unified loyalty system. ??

Bayley addressed on the President's cruise.  It's a work in progress and the messed up website is a higher priority right now.  Over the next year or two changes are coming.  Some will like them, some won't.  A unified program means everything changes.