Port or starboard

We'll be taking a southern Caribbean cruise and getting an ocean view room. It'd be nice to take in the islands from our room before starting the day (and when sailing away). In past cruises elsewhere I seem to remember the docks were almost always on the starboard side. Anyone know if there's a list of which ports dock on which side of the ship?

Port or Starboard?  Yes.  There is no set side that always is against the pier.  It varies.

From an Ocean View cabin you might find it better to visit the highest deck to take a picture of each island.  Better views higher up.  

Grand Cayman tenders (Western Caribbean). 

CocoCay tenders (Bahamas,  pier is nearing completion by EOY 2018).

2 hours ago, twangster said:

Port or Starboard?  Yes.  There is no set side that always is against the pier.  It varies.

From an Ocean View cabin you might find it better to visit the highest deck to take a picture of each island.  Better views higher up.  

Grand Cayman tenders (Western Caribbean). 

CocoCay tenders (Bahamas,  pier is nearing completion by EOY 2018).

Cool thanks. Yeah I remember getting a little green in the gills at Grand Cayman... and then of course my shore excursion was a ride on a pirate ship, lol. Looks like that won't be an issue this time around ?

15 hours ago, HtownHolly said:

We'll be taking a southern Caribbean cruise and getting an ocean view room. It'd be nice to take in the islands from our room before starting the day (and when sailing away). In past cruises elsewhere I seem to remember the docks were almost always on the starboard side. Anyone know if there's a list of which ports dock on which side of the ship?

If you're leaving from San Juan and you plan to be in your room as your cruise begins, you will want to be on the starboard side.  The views of El Morrow as you leave the harbor are awesome.  

57 minutes ago, RCVoyager said:

If you're leaving from San Juan and you plan to be in your room as your cruise begins, you will want to be on the starboard side.  The views of El Morrow as you leave the harbor are awesome.  

Ah no, we are sailing from Miami, and PR isn't on the itinerary. That's good to know though, for future sailings!

4 hours ago, mworkman said:

We went on Carnival and had to tender....sorry about that curse word...we've moved past that now and know our mistakes, sort of like Sabrina cruising MSC....LOL

We feel your pain. The only bad cruise we every took. 

It has been awhile since we have been to Belize. Did they change where the ship anchors? Going again in Feb.

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I will make it up to everyone with a Mariner blog in a few days ?

Eager anticipation...  

2 hours ago, packercruising said:

It has been awhile since we have been to Belize. Did they change where the ship anchors? Going again in Feb.

Probably not.  Belize is an amazing reef system.  That's probably why scuba diving is so popular there.  With that comes the need to anchor way out.  Destroy massive amounts of coral reef to build a channel, harbor and pier - I hope not. 

12 hours ago, twangster said:

Eager anticipation...  

Probably not.  Belize is an amazing reef system.  That's probably why scuba diving is so popular there.  With that comes the need to anchor way out.  Destroy massive amounts of coral reef to build a channel, harbor and pier - I hope not. 

My memory is not good. I have been reminded that we always tendered in Belize.

Sorry to get us off topic. Port or Starboard, as long as we can get on the ship, it's all good. ?