private dining table request

laraj

My family and I are sailing on Oasis in June 2019. It will be our first trip on Royal Caribbean. I have selected the traditional seating - early dinner time.

We have sailed Disney before, and we were able to call and request a private dining table for 4. Does Royal honor these types of requests, as well? If so, how soon can I call to request a private table? 

Also, I have heard some horror stories about people waiting an hour to get into the dining room on Oasis. With a fixed dinner time, do we need to worry about that and show up early? I am hoping that the long lines are just for the My Time Dining.

Yes, our last cruise we requested a table for two and got it.  With traditional seating you won't be waiting an hour to get it, you have a set time.  I would call first, thats how we got ours.  If that doesn't work then once you get on board, head straight to the dining room and talk to them. But, unless they are slammed, you shouldn't have an issue.

10 hours ago, laraj said:

Ok, that's good to know. Thank you! I guess I will call around 6 months before sailing and see if I can reserve the private table. 

Even with a private table reserved ahead of time, it is a good idea to go to the dining room and verify after boarding and before dinner the first night.

I agree with checking when you board even after requesting ahead of time.  One of our cruises we requested a table for just our family.  I had planned on going to the dining room to check ahead of time but got busy and just figured since I called we'd probably be fine.  We ended up at a table with others.  It really wasn't a problem, just not what we would have preferred.  

• 3 months later...