Tips for passing the time?

So we're headed on a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean aboard Allure in 55 days and I can't wait much longer! What do you all do to pass the time?? I've been reading the blog and the message boards, listening to podcasts, watching YouTube, etc. Any tips to help pass the time between now and our cruise??

You're pretty much doing everything I think any of us here do. Just missed the part about "wailing and gnashing of teeth when there is no more of any of the above to do for distraction, because you're all caught up!" ?

Oh, and of course, "Looking at available itineraries and making mock bookings for hours on end to see what might be the next cruise after this one."

9 minutes ago, Tom Cruises said:

Any tips to help pass the time between now and our cruise

Print off the deck plans and study them. That way, you will know where everything that interests you is located before you board the ship. For the sail away in Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale),  head up to deck 14 immediately after the mandatory safety briefing, port side and go forward, through the sliding glass door and out onto the deck. You will be standing on top of the bridge and you can walk out onto the top of the "wings". Great views, but VERY windy....hang onto your hat and/or toupee! :27_sunglasses:

5 hours ago, Tom Cruises said:

So we're headed on a cruise to the Eastern Caribbean aboard Allure in 55 days and I can't wait much longer! What do you all do to pass the time?? I've been reading the blog and the message boards, listening to podcasts, watching YouTube, etc. Any tips to help pass the time between now and our cruise??

You could join Periscope too and watch others scope from their cruises.  It's nice to see scopes from your ship too ahead of time.  @CruisingKat(Kathy) runs the RCperiscopers group, you can find out who is scoping during what month/weeks and follow them to catch their scopes.  There is a list here on the message boards under the Periscope Peeps forum.  There is also a FB group run by Kat as well.  Also, if you follow @Matt on Periscope @theRCBlog, he does scopes 3 times a week and he just talks cruising.  The scopes get funny sometimes.

Also look up recent cruise compass issues. And perhaps check reviews of recent cruises of  your ship on various web sites.  Maybe even decide upon which future cruises you might want to book.  On our last cruise the wife emphatically stated we are not booking any future cruises.   I said OK. First day guess where we ended up going.  Future cruise desk.  And set a record for future cruises booked.  Not 1 or 2 but 3 .  Believe me I did not say a word.  I was speechless.  It must something in the food or beverages on board.  Now she`s wanting tot know when the future cruises will be released.   Do I lie or tell the truth?

9 hours ago, Tom Cruises said:

Devote yourself to work and think of nothing else, ESPECIALLY cruising.  ?  Time will pass much quicker that way.

11 hours ago, JLMoran said:

You're pretty much doing everything I think any of us here do. Just missed the part about "wailing and gnashing of teeth when there is no more of any of the above to do for distraction, because you're all caught up!" ?

Oh, and of course, "Looking at available itineraries and making mock bookings for hours on end to see what might be the next cruise after this one."

They keep emailing me telling me I forgot something in my cart ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• 2 weeks later...

Only 42 more days to go until our sailing on Allure of the Seas! I feel like I've seen every available Royal Caribbean related YouTube video now, in an effort to pass the time (it's a stressful time at work haha). My latest effort to pass the time is to move on to Royal Caribbean's investor information....I'm a nerd, I know. I'm an analyst by trade....I can't help myself ?

Royal is a recommended buy stock according to the top analysts.  Travel and medical related stocks are some of the best stocks to invest in.  And by all means get your future cruises in order.  Book now with the refundable option.  You can always change them.  That avoids the:  would of, could of, should of dilemma.   And you will get the best price and the best choice of cabin.  We learned that lesson the hard way years ago.