Dominica ??

I saw that today in an email and I was thinking, hmm, got to remember that one for a 2021 cruise, Yes, I am out that far already.  When I mention that to friends they always have the same response, how can you plan out that far and I say, if you want the deals, you got to plan. Either you wait until the last moment or plan them out.

Agreed @Tim B. Looks exciting to me ? I'll be watching for it. I'm also looking for some of those new Cuba ports @twangster was talking about- Havana is the current stop but it looks like Cienfuegos and Santiago are coming on line soon! The email was interesting to me as it said 5 cities you've never been to but include St Maarteen and San Juan which are pretty frequent stops from what I've seen. I get that Havana is new and defiantly makes the list of places many haven't been and Curaco I don't see to much chatter about. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-destinations/cuba?icid=hpnwbt_conten_cb_hm_banner_2373

If you ever go to Dominica, I strongly recommend going to the Papillote Tropical Gardens. It has the most amazing collection of tropical plants, flowers and fruits on beautiful grounds. We received a wonderful tour and then had lunch in an open air restaurant they have onsite. The day we were there they had flying fish on the menu that tasted very good. (and now I can say I've eaten a flying fish!) It wasn't on any ship shore excursions. I booked the reservation myself online. We took a very interesting taxi ride to get there.

Dominica is beautiful!!! We were there a long time ago, on a different cruise line.  In fact, we were the first cruise ship to ever visit!  They had a small number of excursions available, as it was a last minute change due to the hurricane that hit St Thomas the week before.  NCL had been in the process of adding the port, so they had excursions in the works, but it wasn't an official stop yet.  We got to be the guinea pigs and try it out.   Gorgeous island, and the people were so thrilled to have us.  

• 2 weeks later...

You can find it on the Serenade itineraries.  Just don’t chose the 8 Nov 19 one.  We like to sail in Nov and saw the itinerary thought it was something different and booked it at a good price but now it’s disappeared from RC itinerary and nobody seems to know why.  I’ts still a little way down the road so don’t know I can do much but wait.   We will go at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2018 at 3:15 PM, Tim B. said:

I saw that today in an email and I was thinking, hmm, got to remember that one for a 2021 cruise, Yes, I am out that far already.  When I mention that to friends they always have the same response, how can you plan out that far and I say, if you want the deals, you got to plan. Either you wait until the last moment or plan them out.

Love the way you think. I am booked that far out also.

13 minutes ago, KathyC aka KathLuvsGH said:

My co-workers don't get it either...they just don't get why I'm impatiently awaiting late 2020 & 2021.  I think they are tired of hearing me complain it's taking too long. 

Thank you for letting me know I am not alone. I have 11 cruises booked. When a new sale is announced, I am checking prices.

• 2 weeks later...