How early is too early to arrive at Cruise Terminal?

I'm on the 9 night New England\Canada Cruise out of Baltimore on the Grandeur next month.  My mother and I fly in (separately) early in the morning (around 7:30 am).  According to the website, the cruise terminal opens at 8:00 am, but is it frowned upon to arrive way earlier than your assigned window (Set Sail pass says 11:30)?  We are planning to either Uber or taxi, and wouldn't mind getting a bite to eat first, but we'll have all of our luggage in tow.  So right now I'm thinking that we retrieve our bags, get a quick bite at a place that is outside of security, then head to the cruise terminal, but I'm guessing it still would be a couple of hours before our assigned window.  Will this be a problem? 

I have done this very thing for Grandeur at the port.  I landed and got something to eat at the airport (There is nothing at the port - warehouse district)  Then headed over to the port and arrived around 10.  My boarding time was 11:30, but they opened the doors to check in at 10:15 - so then I waited inside the terminal until boarding around 1130 am.

10 hours ago, sdmoore123 said:

enjoy a kummelweck sandwich for lunch. 

This is exactly what we do....and if we're REALLY lucky, they will have cream of mushroom soup there, too.  The Park Café usually opens at 11:45.  You will, most likely, be one of the only ones there if you go early.  GREAT place to eat lunch on embark day.  Remember that the Solarium (which is where Park Café is locate) is AFT on the Vision class ships and the Windjammer is forward.  It's hard to get used to until you've done it a couple of times.

11 hours ago, sdmoore123 said:

Grab a snack at the airport and head over to the port. We always arrive around 10:00 am and most time we are on around 11:00 am to enjoy a kummelweck sandwich for lunch. 

37 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

This is exactly what we do....and if we're REALLY lucky, they will have cream of mushroom soup there, too.  The Park Café usually opens at 11:45.  You will, most likely, be one of the only ones there if you go early.  GREAT place to eat lunch on embark day.  Remember that the Solarium (which is where Park Café is locate) is AFT on the Vision class ships and the Windjammer is forward.  It's hard to get used to until you've done it a couple of times.

Thank you both.  This is very helpful, especially for a first time Royal Caribbean cruiser.  What exactly is a kummelweck sandwich?

36 minutes ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Bit of trivia - the chain now known simply as Buffalo Wild Wings ("B-dubs" for short) used to be "BW3s" - Buffalo Wild Wings & Weck (for the kummelweck sandwiches).

Fun fact!  I grew up on BW3s (originally from Ohio and this was the hang out back in the day).  I know that the third W was Weck, and I think I even knew that it was beef on weck, but I still didn't know what the heck a weck was.  Certinaly never heard of kummelweck.  Now I HAVE to have one.