Allure Piano Bar

Lynn T

Sailing Allure for the third time next week, and have never made it to the Schooner Bar for the piano entertainment at night.  Hoping to fix that.  But I'm worried that I will have set expectations too high having sailed NCL once on the Escape and LOVED the Howl at the Moon experience.  I am sure the vibe on Allure is much less rowdy, but is it still engaging and encouraging of singing along, taking requests, etc?  Or a more mellow relaxing type of thing?

Regardless I am sure our crew of 11 will have a great time, just hoping to have a little taste of the fun we had previously (mind you, I much prefer RC and Oasis class ships than NCL!)

The Schooner Bar piano player is usually a popular hit among guests. Certain piano singers have developed a reputation across the fleet, but in my experience they all tend to draw pretty big crowd.

While they have a set list they go off of, they certainly do take requests from the audience.  How "crazy" or mellow the experience is largely depends on the specific piano player. 

17 minutes ago, Lynn T said:

Schooner Bar for the piano entertainment at night

Get there early in order to get a place to sit. The Schooner Bar is small and overlooks the Promenade so a lot of folks like to sit where they can look at the Promenade and listen to the piano music. :27_sunglasses:

I love the Schooner Bar, it's been my favorite on the 4 ships I've been on.  Day or night, piano player or none.  On Brilliance there was a 2000 piece (maybe 5000, can't remember) puzzle on a table off to the side, for anyone to help complete.  Maybe I'm just a sucker for the nautical theme.  We've enjoyed the various entertainers we've seen there.

16 minutes ago, RestingBirds said:

I love the Schooner Bar, it's been my favorite on the 4 ships I've been on.  Day or night, piano player or none.  On Brilliance there was a 2000 piece (maybe 5000, can't remember) puzzle on a table off to the side, for anyone to help complete.  Maybe I'm just a sucker for the nautical theme.  We've enjoyed the various entertainers we've seen there.

The Schooner Bar on the Radiance class ships is a beautiful venue.