Benefits of using MEI Travel

@Michelle.

I am currently working with Stephanie.  I have a May harmony cruise booked,  but haven't signed the Edocs with MEI. I asked her to add the travel protection a couple of days ago and I only got the reply to sign the original docs without travel protection.  I tried calling her number,  but it went straight to voice mail.

A little help? Perhaps she is on a cruise??

Only sailed DCL, completed 10 & had enough. Worked with a wonderful TA after realizing I was missing out on the OBC perk by always booking myself  (she had also added a stateroom gift one sailing too) She was more than a TA but felt like a friend, she does not book with RCCL so I looked to this BLOG for direction, and found MEI. I could book myself but felt much trepidation with the change so I reached out. I thought I would never find someone similar to my DCL TA but the stars were aligned for me, Sharla answered my query. As soon as our first conversation she really took her time with me and I believe it was after her work hours (I thought I would have a response the next morning) I knew I was in amazing hands. Being a newbie to RCCL I had a multitude of questions and she was patient, kind and quickly responsive. While I am used to a fixed OBC on DCL, I am in total agreement of those above I feel very safe & secure with Sharla knowing she is an advocate for me, just a few days after booking she already noted and applied a new offer from RCCL. This is going to be a long partnership, thank you RCCL blog-MEI-and most of all Sharla who makes me feel as if I was part of her own family. Happy sailing everyone!  :17_heart_eyes:

1 hour ago, cobra614 said:

@Michelle.

I am currently working with Stephanie.  I have a May harmony cruise booked,  but haven't signed the Edocs with MEI. I asked her to add the travel protection a couple of days ago and I only got the reply to sign the original docs without travel protection.  I tried calling her number,  but it went straight to voice mail.

A little help? Perhaps she is on a cruise??

Hey,

I have reached out to Stephanie for you.  Michelle is an IC at MEI-Travel just like Stephanie is so it could be awkward for Michelle to reach out to Stephanie for you.

Stephanie will be in touch soon to you.  Or if you would like to reach out to me directly, I can check in on things for you.

8 minutes ago, AnnetteJackson said:

Hey,

I have reached out to Stephanie for you.  Michelle is an IC at MEI-Travel just like Stephanie is so it could be awkward for Michelle to reach out to Stephanie for you.

Stephanie will be in touch soon to you.  Or if you would like to reach out to me directly, I can check in on things for you.

I resent an email requesting that travel insurance be add to our contact to Stephanie a couple  of  days ago. I got the same contract stating refusing the coverage today. I tried calling her but it went straight to voicemail.  To be fair I didn't leave a message,  I did resend a email requesting the  coverage and already paid my deposit.  Just thought I'd respond to this post.

1 minute ago, cobra614 said:

I resent an email requesting that travel insurance be add to our contact to Stephanie a couple  of  days ago. I got the same contract stating refusing the coverage today. I tried calling her but it went straight to voicemail.  To be fair I didn't leave a message,  I did resend a email requesting the  coverage and already paid my deposit.  Just thought I'd respond to this post.

I have reached out to her about this.  Later tonight you should see a reply.  The system auto generates periodically to you until the invoice is signed.  It could be that what you got today is a resend automatically of what she originally sent since it has not been signed.  Because i only see your board name,  I cannot look in the system for you.  

If you do not get a reply tonight, please reach out to me directly and we will get you all straightened out.

2 minutes ago, AnnetteJackson said:

I have reached out to her about this.  Later tonight you should see a reply.  The system auto generates periodically to you until the invoice is signed.  It could be that what you got today is a resend automatically of what she originally sent since it has not been signed.  Because i only see your board name,  I cannot look in the system for you.  

If you do not get a reply tonight, please reach out to me directly and we will get you all straightened out.

That's what I figured.  I also thought since I replied to the contract email it might not of sent correctly. 

Thanks for the help. I dont mean to disrespect Stephanie in any way, I'm just new to using a travel agent. 

7 minutes ago, cobra614 said:

That's what I figured.  I also thought since I replied to the contract email it might not of sent correctly. 

Thanks for the help. I dont mean to disrespect Stephanie in any way, I'm just new to using a travel agent. 

No issues at all.  She is emailing you now ?  No disrespect at all.  

I have sailed on Royal over 13 times and currently have Diamond + status.  I have been booking direct with Royal for more than half of the cruises and have managed them by myself.  I just joined this group and saw the discussions regarding MEI.  I have decided to give them a try to see how the experience goes.

Michelle:  Thanks for the discussion yesterday and I just sent you an email to transfer the bookings I have for December.  I look forward to working with you and the experience ahead.

D

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, S.Marie said:

I just booked our first family cruise with MEI based on everyone’s recommendations on this thread and I am so excited! We want to travel more as a family so I wanted to make sure we had a great TA to help us along the way! ?

Thanks for supporting our sponsor!

8 minutes ago, S.Marie said:

I just booked our first family cruise with MEI based on everyone’s recommendations on this thread and I am so excited! We want to travel more as a family so I wanted to make sure we had a great TA to help us along the way! ?

Good choice and welcome to the Blog !  I know you will become addicted like the rest of us.  ?

On 8/4/2019 at 4:32 PM, DanielB said:

...but the service I have received from Stephanie at MEI has been great and I am very impressed.  

I got in touch with MEI for the first time yesterday. My travel planner/agent is also Stephanie. I don’t know how many “Stephanies” work at MEI but I hope the Stephanie I got is as great and impressive as yours.  From my initial interactions with her, it looks like it. Cheers!

16 minutes ago, ellcee said:

Here's a benefit from MEI. I canceled my June 2020 cruise for the inaugural November 2020 and all I had to do is email @michelle from MEI. She did all of the fun canceling and re booking. I would not have had the patience for all of that.

That's one of my favorite reasons to use a TA. Not having to deal with calling RC!

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:00 AM, ellcee said:

Here's a benefit from MEI. I canceled my June 2020 cruise for the inaugural November 2020 and all I had to do is email @michelle from MEI. She did all of the fun canceling and re booking. I would not have had the patience for all of that.

thank you for supporting MEI Travel and Matt's Blog

3 hours ago, ncnickel said:

We just booked our second cruise - also through Stephanie at MEI. Made it sooo easy and she provided us with great intel! It can all be overwhelming. THANK YOU to Stephanie and MEI. ?

Thank you so much for giving us a try and seeing the benefits of using a TA!  We are always here as a team to help you so always feel welcome to reach out to your agent or myself if you have any issues.

On 9/18/2019 at 9:00 AM, ellcee said:

Michelle is the best! She replied to my email while she was ON A CRUISE!  I felt awful and to d her it could wait.   Always responsive, friendly, and professional. 

• 1 month later...

After reading everyone’s experiences we will give MEI a shot for our next booking, we are still fairly new with cruising but are hooked now. Have used bigger sites for the “perks” but There is no real relation ship or do I feel that they would do what I am reading what the benefits of booking with mei would be. Now we just have to wait for details and itinerary’s for Wonder of the seas to plan for 2021. 

Can I piggyback on this thread and ask a question? I’m totally new to cruising, and have never used a TA before. I just need to know what I should be expecting. I filled out a quote request here for a cruise in 2021. I knew the dates wouldn’t be open yet, but I have lots of questions and want to be ready to book right away so we get what we want. I got an email on Tuesday just saying that the dates aren’t open yet but that she would let me know when they were. I responded via email on Tuesday with a bunch of questions, but haven’t heard back yet. Is that to be expected? I don’t want to bug her again if it just takes time- especially since my cruise is so far out.

Sorry if this is a silly question! I’m just trying to manage my expectations. ?

9 hours ago, Shannon said:

Can I piggyback on this thread and ask a question? I’m totally new to cruising, and have never used a TA before. I just need to know what I should be expecting. I filled out a quote request here for a cruise in 2021. I knew the dates wouldn’t be open yet, but I have lots of questions and want to be ready to book right away so we get what we want. I got an email on Tuesday just saying that the dates aren’t open yet but that she would let me know when they were. I responded via email on Tuesday with a bunch of questions, but haven’t heard back yet. Is that to be expected? I don’t want to bug her again if it just takes time- especially since my cruise is so far out.

Sorry if this is a silly question! I’m just trying to manage my expectations. ?

@AnnetteJackson you have been wonderful whenever I speak to MEI, can you help Shannon? @ShannonTo quote all of our friends on this blog, no question is silly! Hope you get the answers you seek, actually I know you will. Have a great week!

2 hours ago, Neesa said:

@AnnetteJackson you have been wonderful whenever I speak to MEI, can you help Shannon? @ShannonTo quote all of our friends on this blog, no question is silly! Hope you get the answers you seek, actually I know you will. Have a great week!

Shannon,

I would love to talk with you on this and help you understand what we can and cant help you with at this time.  Because I do not know exactly what you have asked, email me at [email protected] or give me a call at 919 605 6282 and I can make sure you have everything you need to pre plan. @Shannon

6 hours ago, AnnetteJackson said:

Shannon,

I would love to talk with you on this and help you understand what we can and cant help you with at this time.  Because I do not know exactly what you have asked, email me at [email protected] or give me a call at 919 605 6282 and I can make sure you have everything you need to pre plan. @Shannon

Thanks, Annette! Ill email you.