Benefits of using MEI Travel

30 minutes ago, Bigboater said:

Michelle, i just booked a 7 day western caribbean on Symphany and am interested in transfering over to you how do i do this? Thanks Chuck

Hey, you can email me and I will forward that to Michelle or if you want to contact her directly - its [email protected]

Thank you for supporting Matt and giving MEI a try!

15 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

I booked Oasis May 2020 through MEI and could not be happier. I will keep booking through them because its hard to find a good TA in my opinion. They seem extremely good and competent. 

Thanks for supporting our sponsor!

17 hours ago, Bigboater said:

Michelle, i just booked a 7 day western caribbean on Symphany and am interested in transfering over to you how do i do this? Thanks Chuck

Thanks for supporting our sponsor!

Im looking at a Transpacific in May of 2021.. I'll Probably book onboard to take advantage of reduced deposits..  @michelle could I transfer this booking to you after we come home?  Also I have to admit that I'm a little overwhelmed on what we should do in Tokyo as far as getting to the port and finding a place to stay.. Could you help us with that? 

2 minutes ago, Ken23 said:

@RickinSTL if the cruise you are sailing on you used a travel agent, the Next Cruise person can usually pull up that information and assign your travel agent of a new booking through them.

I've always booked everything on my own.. Now with the logistics of Getting from STL to Tokyo, a hotel stay, transportation to the port.  Then a flight from SEA-STL is a bit more that I can figure out

I just transferred my January 2020 Oasis of the Seas reservation to Stephanie and have been most impressed with MEI and Stephanie.

Stephanie is always quick to answer emails.  Being new to RCCL from over 30 Disney sailings I am intimidated with the process and the ships, so using a TA that knows the brand and is an expert is a huge advantage for me.  

On 7/31/2018 at 8:57 AM, Larry Muster said:

After years of going it on my own and booking direct I started using MEI.  They haven’t made any New reservations for me  but I have transferred at least three cruises over to that were recently booked. 

I guess it’s luck of the draw you get, but I’m having issues with the person I am dealing with. I don’t know if my expectations are out of whack but the responsiveness that I was hoping for is just not there. 

Not sure how I will handle future bookings.

- Update:  On further reflection it’s more a problem with ME letting go than it is a problem with the TA.

@Larry MusterI hope you spoke with @AnnetteJackson! Many years ago I had issues with my first TA in terms of responsiveness, but Annette connected me to a TA who was better able to meet my needs, expectations, and personality. And when Stephanie M retired from the travel agent business, she handed me off to Michelle M who is equally amazing. Michelle helped me book and arrange our wedding cruise for our family and friends. And when the price went down after final payment, was able to upgrade us all to ocean view balconies with no muss, no fuss!

I hope you are now with a travel agent who becomes a friend, like so many of us have experienced. 

31 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Does MEI gift you a gift in the room at all?  I know some TA's do and some don't....if its wine though I just want to decline it and save them the extra cost.  Don't expect a gift but I know you guys will know the answer.

I want to say that's up to the agent's discretion. I can tell you that on our first ever cruise, booked with MEI and sailed just last year, we had a gift box of four cupcakes (I assume baked and decorated by the cupcake shop on board) delivered to our room on the second or third day, along with a card wishing us a good cruise and thanking us for doing business with them. It was very appreciated. (and tasty!)

39 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I want to say that's up to the agent's discretion. I can tell you that on our first ever cruise, booked with MEI and sailed just last year, we had a gift box of four cupcakes (I assume baked and decorated by the cupcake shop on board) delivered to our room on the second or third day, along with a card wishing us a good cruise and thanking us for doing business with them. It was very appreciated. (and tasty!)

Thanks Joe.  You can't go wrong with a cupcake ?

9 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Thanks Joe.  You can't go wrong with a cupcake ?

I booked Oasis for May 2020 through MEI and I was wondering if there were any perks thrown your way. Honestly it's whatever but I guess we'll find out in May. If anything I'd rather have on board credit but again it's whatever. 

Just now, RCIfan1912 said:

I booked Oasis for May 2020 through MEI and I was wondering if there were any perks thrown your way. Honestly it's whatever but I guess we'll find out in May. If anything I'd rather have on board credit but again it's whatever. 

I did receive a ship board credit for my upcoming trip.  Not sure if that is based on ship, duration or whatnot....but the service I have received from Stephanie at MEI has been great and I am very impressed.  

Just now, RCIfan1912 said:

I booked Oasis for May 2020 through MEI and I was wondering if there were any perks thrown your way.

I've seen folks here report every once in a blue moon that MEI gave them pre-paid gratuities for booking with them. Not sure how often that comes up, or if it's something that can be applied to an existing booking or only brand-new bookings made at the time of the promo.

Yeah that's why I have booked in the past with the other TA I used to use. I would always get paid gratuities for 2 but they are not responsive and they weren't giving this deal on this cruise or at least not in the cabins I was looking at. I was ready to move on from them anyway. MEI fit the bill just fine. 

13 minutes ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Yeah that's why I have booked in the past with the other TA I used to use. I would always get paid gratuities for 2 but they are not responsive and they weren't giving this deal on this cruise or at least not in the cabins I was looking at. I was ready to move on from them anyway. MEI fit the bill just fine. 

Did you already book?  Your docs from MEI should state what you are receiving, I know mine has the stateroom credit listed.

2 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Did you already book?  Your docs from MEI should state what you are receiving, I know mine has the stateroom credit listed.

Yes, booked already. I'll have to look I guess. I must have not looked carefully enough but I will when I go home. Thanks for the suggestion. 

1 hour ago, DanielB said:

I just check to make certain and it does have my shipboard credit listed on the digidocs you signed.  

Hmm I don't know exactly where that is? The only thing I have and just looked at was the booking confirmation guest copy PDF file. Where are or should be those other documents?

16 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I've seen folks here report every once in a blue moon that MEI gave them pre-paid gratuities for booking with them. Not sure how often that comes up, or if it's something that can be applied to an existing booking or only brand-new bookings made at the time of the promo.

Usually when they run it it will be for brand-new bookings.  But they're willing to reprice at current rates and turn it into a brand-new booking.  The typical refundable/non-refundable stuff goes into play when doing that so it's not always in your best interest.  

I took advantage of pre-paid grats from MEI when I booked in April...always a great perk to get.

18 hours ago, DanielB said:

Does MEI gift you a gift in the room at all?  I know some TA's do and some don't....if its wine though I just want to decline it and save them the extra cost.  Don't expect a gift but I know you guys will know the answer.

Hello,

Our agents will do a gift in the room but if you are looking large OBC they may consider that your gift as well.  Many people like the surprise of a thank you, while others want to have money to spend up front. ?

On 8/4/2019 at 4:31 PM, RCIfan1912 said:

Reach out to your agent to let them know you prefer OBC over Room gifts, or if you prefer you can email me and I can let them know as well.  I know its a little awkward to say hey that gift you are giving me for booking.... .make it $$  but in the end we want to make you a happy client and not send something you will not use.

This might should have been said before now on this string......

When you book with MEI-Travel, yes you are support the sponsor, but you are ultimately support Matt and all he does with the blog.  We give back to Matt, his community and on his group cruises from all of the bookings that come from his site.  While it may not benefit you if you are not on a sailing with him on a group cruise, there are other ways that we give back to support Matt and his followers.

On 8/6/2019 at 11:07 AM, AnnetteJackson said:

Reach out to your agent to let them know you prefer OBC over Room gifts, or if you prefer you can email me and I can let them know as well.  I know its a little awkward to say hey that gift you are giving me for booking.... .make it $$  but in the end we want to make you a happy client and not send something you will not use.

Thanks, that's ok. Very awkward indeed and rude. Its all good but thanks for the suggestion.

3 hours ago, RCIfan1912 said:

Thanks, that's ok. Very awkward indeed and rude. Its all good but thanks for the suggestion.

I know it sounds rude, but to be honest they wont know what you like unless they know what you like. ?  its a relationship we are building.

Trust me... Matt let me know he doesnt like Champagne or white wine..... its been dropped in conversations we have had over the years and now I know what NOT to send him ?

• 2 weeks later...

Booked my very first cruise with MEI travels after doing some research and hunting for a TA that would make me comfortable. (first cruise and first time using a travel agency)

We're sailing on the Symphony of the Seas 7 days on Jan, 2020 and extremely excited!!!

Blessed enough to have Kelley Hardy as our TA to answer the barrage of questions I have on almost a weekly basis. She has been amazing, so patient and informative along with being so kind. My girl knows how paranoid and cautious I can get but Kelley eases that part of my worries. (I tend to search for cruise/TA horror stories haha)

Just wanted to let anyone who is considering a travel agency to give MEI travels a try and ask for Kelley, doesn't hurt just to feel it out and see if it's the right fit for you.

As I'm writing this post i'm still barraging her with questions about flights, on-board cruise, cruise planner, hotels, etc etc. She's answered them all and provided some amazing insights and tips.

I'll definitely update everyone as it comes closer to my sailing date and after my first experience!

Keep up the hard work and always appreciate you Kelley!

I have Pam Richter out of Pennsylvania.  She has been nothing short of an angel for me.  In just a few email conversations, she already knows my cruising preferences, how I like to travel, I swear the woman is a mind reader.  She even extended a reservation hold for me when it benefitted my credit card miles to wait an extra few days only to have my plans completely change due to a move down south.  After all I put her through, only to cancel, I felt so bad, but she was very reassuring and hasnt stopped her top notch service.  

Its very comforting for me to use a travel agent, to know that in 67 days I have nothing to do but relax.  

On ‎8‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 12:55 PM, RickinSTL said:

Im looking at a Transpacific in May of 2021.. I'll Probably book onboard to take advantage of reduced deposits..  @michelle could I transfer this booking to you after we come home?  Also I have to admit that I'm a little overwhelmed on what we should do in Tokyo as far as getting to the port and finding a place to stay.. Could you help us with that? 

any of the MEI Agents listed would be happy to help you with your future cruise, thanks for thinking of us and supporting the Blog Site