Johnny Rockets milkshakes now included in Deluxe beverage package!

Wow... I wouldn't have thought this could be true.

According to Royal Caribbean's beverage package info (I've highlighted this new info):

OUR DELUXE 
BEVERAGE PACKAGES 

Toast to virtually unlimited options with cocktails, beer, wine, non-alcoholic beverages, premium coffee, tea, and bottled water* – plus a 40% discount on bottles of wine under $100 and 20% off bottles above $100. Learn more.

• Cocktails / Spirits / Liqueurs / Beer
  • Bottled still and sparkling water
  • Wines by the glass
  • Fresh squeezed juices / Non-alcoholic cocktails
  • Premium coffees and teas
  • Milkshakes at Johnny Rockets
  • Fountain sodas / Coca-Cola Freestyle® beverages
  • Coca-Cola® souvenir cup included

I found out about this from this tweet where Royal Caribbean specifically said, "I can confirm that milkshakes are included in the Deluxe and Beverage Packages. Rest assured, we'll get our website updated ASAP." A friend found out that they had specifically done that.

They didn't add it to the Refreshment Package, though. I guess that this is the only non-alcoholic part of the Deluxe Beverage Package that isn't in the Refreshment Package.

Wow.

I wonder when this was added? I hope it was fairly recent , it would help me sleep little better at night because I did 2 sailings this year...DX purchased each time, and I did not hit up Johnny Rockets once because milkshakes weren't included in the DX pkg.

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If you look under the dining forum, @Matt posted earlier that it is part of the refreshment package too now. I was quite surprised when I saw this on FB a few days ago...

I might get the refreshment package now. James live JR milkshakes.

10 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

If you look under the dining forum, @Matt posted earlier that it is part of the refreshment package too now. I was quite surprised when I saw this on FB a few days ago...

I too am surprised it is so rare that royal gives and not take away this is great and yes it is the refreshment package also according to royal corporate

15 minutes ago, henrysea13 said:

I too am surprised it is so rare that royal gives and not take away this is great and yes it is the refreshment package also according to royal corporate

Excellent point !  We often wail against Royal for removing amenities but almost never give them credit when they add one.  Very nice addition.

I am very surprised......but pleasantly surprised to see this. No often Royal does something like this so I will give them credit when credit is due for sure.

Its a great perk to be able to take advantage of.....

Wonder how much busier it will make JR's now and will there be a lot of ppl just going for the "free" shake and taking up tables doing so?

8 minutes ago, monctonguy said:

Wonder how much busier it will make JR's now and will there be a lot of ppl just going for the "free" shake and taking up tables doing so?

Probably. It'll probably make some people want to order food then...I mean, what goes better with a shake than fries and a burger? I want all of this now. Lactose intolerant, who?

I am sure their motive is to increase johnny rockets food sales by getting more people in the door. I just wish they would increase the food quality at johnny rockets. I would gladly pay the cover charge for a great fresh hand pattied burger on a warm bun with fresh toppings. I hear the royal burger through room service is the best burger on the ship. May have to try it this september on Oasis. 

First, my cruise calendar for the May 18, 2019 sailing of the Symphony, does not show anything about JR milkshakes in regard to neither the Deluxe nor the Refreshment packages. Second, as a long time customer of Johnny Rockets (on shore), I can say that they really have to improve the quality of their shipboard burgers. On shore, they typically "smash" the burgers and you get a nice hot and tasty burger. On two different RCL ships, they just took the patties and cooked and flipped and served so you ended up with a rock hard, over cooked, tasteless hockey puck. I don't care how good the milkshake is, it isn't good enough to make me want to eat one of those burgers.

2 hours ago, Jason.H. said:

Anyone have an answer to this yet? I heard the milkshakes are included with the drink package but you had to eat at johnny rockets to order a milkshake. 

I've seen different answers from RC on this.  Here's something a reader sent me yesterday

38831488_502546636852155_582186622313824256_n.jpg