Hypothetically speaking...

So I book all my cruises with Heather at MEI. If, hypothetically speaking, @Matt we’re to announce a CA/NE GC for 2020 in early October, and I were to book for said hypothetical GC at the Next Cruise desk, I know that it would automatically be transferred to Heather. BUT, as I recall Matt always has his agent, Annette, handle the GC bookings. So would Heather be able to transfer the booking to Annette for proper inclusion in the GC? Could the booking stay with Heather, since they’re both at MEI, and Annette could just record it in the books that I’m part of the group?

Truly, it’s all purely hypothetical. Current rumors say those 2020 itineraries won’t be out before November. But if they come out sooner, and Matt had enough time to work it out with Annette to make such an announcement, it would be good to know what my options were with the Next Cruise desk.

In the case of my booking on Symphony. It was made the day bookings were released by Royal (and booked direct with Royal) and would guess about a week or so before @Matt made it a group cruise.

When I reached out to @Matt he reached out to @AnnetteJackson who put me in touch with Stephanie to start the transfer process. So in my case the GC booking I have is with Stephanie. 

So in your case I would assume Heather would retain the booking and it would be added to the group if it became a GC.

I'm sure if any of this is bad info the proper parties will chime in...

Yes, any MEI Travel agent can handle the booking that will bring the reservation into the group cruise.  @AnnetteJackson sets up the group and works with RC, but all the agents at MEI can book you into the GC and handle the reservation.  You're in good hands with Heather/Brock/Michelle/Jackie!

As for when a 2020 GC will happen, the first 2020 GC is the Freedom of the Seas GC, which is over Winter Break and since my oldest daughter is now in school, we definitely try to adhere to school schedules. Moreover, I recognize that while summer break may start early in Florida, I realize a lot of kids are still in school for May and most of June, so I try to work around that as much as I can.  After all, I want as many of you as possible to join us!

This is why we are moving back to Florida. Chicago is in school till late June or used to be.  Doing the New England cruise next Sept.  Will have to do a review. Or maybe have Matt teach me how to periscope or do my own radio show or something of that nature. 

20 hours ago, Sweety said:

Need Chicago breaks. For 2020, I am waiting until GC announcement.

My friend, the word of the day is YOLO!  Think about it even if it isn't School time, you could just play hooky unless you're like my husband who never took a day as he gets it paid back at retirement, then I would argue not playing hooky! LOL? 

27 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

My friend, the word of the day is YOLO!  Think about it even if it isn't School time, you could just play hooky unless you're like my husband who never took a day as he gets it paid back at retirement, then I would argue not playing hooky! LOL? 

You describe me totally. Last year I took 1 day off from school and that was for a doctor as appointment.

44 minutes ago, Sweety said:

Chicago last day this year was June 21. 

36 minutes ago, Boston Babe said:

Not if you work for a board that requires a doctor's note after a few days...that is problematic lol

24 minutes ago, JLMoran said:

I'll see your Chicago June 21 and raise you a New Jersey June 27.

No, I'm not kidding. ?

In Ontario...Last day of school is always the last Friday of June.....???

5 minutes ago, Sweety said:

What!!!! Is it because of snow days?

No, snow days are just what took away our kids' entire Spring Break week (again, not kidding). The calendar in our district always goes from the day after Labor Day until either the next-to-last or last Wednesday in June.

2 minutes ago, Sweety said:

I will stop complaining about Chicago.

Honestly, the snow day debacle this year was entirely the district's fault. They decided to take a bunch of snow days early in the season that really could have been handled with a delayed opening. I'm guessing they decided this past winter was going to be like the year before, where they ended up with extra days and extending the spring break week, and then of course we got hit with three back-to-back nor'easters in January and February that shut us down for four days more than were in the calendar "budget".

I'm wagering that this year, the district is going to be ultra-conservative after the backlash they got slammed with for taking away everyone's spring break week. And of course, that will mean that the winter will be mild again, and so the unused days will go to extending the spring break week in 2019. Which will lead to 2020 being a repeat of 2018, and so on...

On 7/30/2018 at 6:06 AM, Matt said:

Yes, any MEI Travel agent can handle the booking that will bring the reservation into the group cruise.  @AnnetteJackson sets up the group and works with RC, but all the agents at MEI can book you into the GC and handle the reservation.  You're in good hands with Heather/Brock/Michelle/Jackie!

As for when a 2020 GC will happen, the first 2020 GC is the Freedom of the Seas GC, which is over Winter Break and since my oldest daughter is now in school, we definitely try to adhere to school schedules. Moreover, I recognize that while summer break may start early in Florida, I realize a lot of kids are still in school for May and most of June, so I try to work around that as much as I can.  After all, I want as many of you as possible to join us!

Any MEI agent can also help you with any cruise booking, not just Royal Caribbean. I have had @michelle book Disneyworld and Holland America, Princess, and MSC cruises as well. I'm not advocating that anyone deviate from Royal, but if they're not sailing the itinerary you're looking for, your MEI agents can still help with your bookings.

22 minutes ago, DocLC said:

Any MEI agent can also help you with any cruise booking, not just Royal Caribbean. I have had @michelle book Disneyworld and Holland America, Princess, and MSC cruises as well. I'm not advocating that anyone deviate from Royal, but if they're not sailing the itinerary you're looking for, your MEI agents can still help with your bookings.

Yep - thank you DocLC - happy to help you with all cruises and tours around the world -

Just now, Lovetocruise2002 said:

But then when do they return?  Early August?

Mid-August.  The district I live in finished before Memorial Day and starts back on the 15th.  We don't have a unified state calendar here.  Each district has it's own.  With the exception of the actual City of Chicago they are pretty similar it seems.

1 hour ago, mworkman said:

Just in-case you haven't noticed I've been lobbying hard for 2020 GC to Europe via pitstop in Spain ?  Just think about a transatlantic GC followed by Med cruise to Europe ?

A European group cruise would be nice, but would prefer the Baltic ?

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, JLMoran said:

So I book all my cruises with Heather at MEI. If, hypothetically speaking, @Matt we’re to announce a CA/NE GC for 2020 in early October, and I were to book for said hypothetical GC at the Next Cruise desk, I know that it would automatically be transferred to Heather. BUT, as I recall Matt always has his agent, Annette, handle the GC bookings. So would Heather be able to transfer the booking to Annette for proper inclusion in the GC? Could the booking stay with Heather, since they’re both at MEI, and Annette could just record it in the books that I’m part of the group?

Truly, it’s all purely hypothetical. Current rumors say those 2020 itineraries won’t be out before November. But if they come out sooner, and Matt had enough time to work it out with Annette to make such an announcement, it would be good to know what my options were with the Next Cruise desk.

So glad you enjoy working with Heather.  All of our agents can book into Matt's groups.  I am the coordinator of the group from MEI-Travel.  I book very few clients, but I go on these trips to make sure all the MEI-Travel clients have a great time.  So feel free to book your next cruise and let Heather know you are waiting on the next group announcement.  I always make sure the agents are aware of the group details BEFORE Matt announces to you guys so they are ready to go when you start having questions.

Thank you for supporting Matt and the Blog by booking with us.