online checkin ?

Mljstr

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere in the last few weeks since I joined this blog-but I don't know where to look for it. It is 87 days until my cruise and I am trying to do my online checkin. (I like to do these things while I am thinking of them. Never know what might happen in the future to make me forget?

Anyway, before I even started to fill in the ID information, there was a message that this reservation is being modified and I should try back later???????? Who is modifying it? and why?

So I tried back later and the message said, Your session has timed out, Try again. So I tried again and guess what- back to This reservation is being modified........

I already tried the private browsing option but no luck. Any ideas??? 

Okay, I am going to go crazy-because I thought it was working.  I can actually get to the online checkin page but when I click on it to put in the information, it takes me to Customer Support. I will wait a while and see if I can get any further. Maybe the system is overloaded with the WOW sale. I hope.

Nope! It's only me and the big man who lives with me (also called a husband) and he doesn't even know how to find the website! 

I did manage to transfer this and two other reservations to MEI and I wonder if that has something to do with it????

Sometimes, Royal does maintenance on the website on the weekends. This can cause some things to not function as intended or if they are working on a feature will not work as intended. I don't know, maybe this means for new changes in the check-in process online? This happened to me multiple times, so don't fret! 

2 hours ago, Mljstr said:

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere in the last few weeks since I joined this blog-but I don't know where to look for it. It is 87 days until my cruise and I am trying to do my online checkin. (I like to do these things while I am thinking of them. Never know what might happen in the future to make me forget?

Anyway, before I even started to fill in the ID information, there was a message that this reservation is being modified and I should try back later???????? Who is modifying it? and why?

So I tried back later and the message said, Your session has timed out, Try again. So I tried again and guess what- back to This reservation is being modified........

I already tried the private browsing option but no luck. Any ideas??? 

I get this whenever I use my Ipad to log on.  I have to wait half a day to be able to log on again with my Ipad.  However, if I use my laptop or desktop PC, I have no trouble getting back on.

Here is the answer-Maybe. I called the web help on RCCL. I told him I am using Safari and Mac computer. He told me only Google Chrome will work on a Mac-there is a glitch on website for Safari. In the meantime, while I was waiting for him, I cleared my history and tried the private browsing for Safari and it worked this time. Go figure!

16 minutes ago, Mljstr said:

Here is the answer-Maybe. I called the web help on RCCL. I told him I am using Safari and Mac computer. He told me only Google Chrome will work on a Mac-there is a glitch on website for Safari. In the meantime, while I was waiting for him, I cleared my history and tried the private browsing for Safari and it worked this time. Go figure!

That rep is full of it. I only use safari, and not even in private mode. Works exactly that same as both Firefox and Chrome. 

i really don't think the right hand knows what the left hand is doing as far as the website goes. It is just hit or miss if you can get on, get through or get done? Anyway, while I had it working I finished and printed the Set Sail pass. This is really an exercise in patience .

I had this issue three weeks ago for online check in for the Brilliance in October. Tried multiple computers, multiple browsers. After five days of on and off trying it suddenly worked with me doing nothing different. I know it has been said hundreds of times here and other places, but the performance of their website (and ship apps) is just beyond comprehension. 

LOL, after reading this thread and out of curiosity I just tried to access, for the first time,  the online check in for us going on Anthem at the end of October. And of course, I received the same message:

The requested reservation is currently being modified. Please try again at a later time.

At least I have 86 days to get it done.

That sounds good to me so I gave it a try. Tried to go to the cruise planner. I also like when you click on the cruise planner for your cruise on which has all of the information displayed on the new website it then takes you to a page from the old site and asks for your name and all of your cruise information including reservation number. Even though you literally just clicked on that exact cruise. That aside, instead of going to the cruise planner I just received the error message:

Error locking the Cruise Reservation.

So at this point I will just give it a month or so and if it is not worked out I will just have to call.

I checked in to my  cruise that is in 90 days.  It says check in completed, except I can't the print SetSail passes. I received an error 500.  I tried multiple browsers, and finally called RCCL for the heck of it.  The agent confirmed it was an issue on the back end and put me on hold.  She then came back an said she spoke to IT and said to try again in 24-48 hours.  So....just in case any one else was in the same boat.  It is a known issue and they are working on it.  Hopefully they get it resolve  by the time we set sail. ??