Johnny Rockets milk shake with Refreshment Package

Brandis

This gets better all the time! On the website about the beverage packages, only the Deluxe package mentions the milk shakes, then a customer service rep and in the Facebook chat, they say it is included in both the Deluxe and the Refreshment packages. Today, I received an e-mail from RCL Germany, Reservations Dept. saying:

"Unfortunately, the milk shakes from Johnny Rocket's are not included in any beverage packages."

57 minutes ago, Adriana said:

Oj jeez! I do hope they get it figured out and settled soon for those cruising soon! I also wonder if you could just go and order the milkshake, but not a meal.

Sure, you could always do that. Can't remember how much it costs, though, $5 or so, I guess.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 1:11 PM, Brandis said:

This gets better all the time! On the website about the beverage packages, only the Deluxe package mentions the milk shakes, then a customer service rep and in the Facebook chat, they say it is included in both the Deluxe and the Refreshment packages. Today, I received an e-mail from RCL Germany, Reservations Dept. saying:

"Unfortunately, the milk shakes from Johnny Rocket's are not included in any beverage packages."

it has been my experience that when dealing with royal the European aussie Asian uk branches have there own sets of policies and offers this may be unique to the us where since they keep jacking the price at rockets rarely have I seen anyone in there lately this may be there way of getting people in with hopes they will buy the menu products royal does not make moves like this without a plan to increase profits to me the hamburger on the room service menu is far superior to rockets

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KathyC said:

Back to report that Cafe Latitudes has vanilla and chocolate milkshakes and they are included with the drink package. 

Which class of ship was this? Would love to know how the coffee and other premium beverages are that  would be included in the deluxe package on the newest Oasis class ships. Thanks, 

On 11/6/2018 at 5:12 PM, Sh2738 said:

Which class of ship was this? Would love to know how the coffee and other premium beverages are that  would be included in the deluxe package on the newest Oasis class ships. Thanks, 

Serenade, Radiance class. We have successfully used our drink package at Cafe Latitudes for specialty coffee, milkshakes, and spirited coffee. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Did you have to buy food to get the milkshakes “free” ?

Raye, don't quote me on this but I believe I read that if you sit in a booth you have to order something, my wife and I usually order FF and onion rings.

This is the part I'm not positive of, if you sit at the bar you do not have to order any food to get the milkshake. This is for the diamond and diamond + perk, not even remotely sure on any of the beverage packages.

On anthem now and we just asked at Johnny Rockets and they said free with deluxe or refreshment but of course not soda.   So we got a couple.  Pretty good.  

My complaint is everything breaking on ship.  Bionic bar been down most of week.  They got one working but when it shakes the drink it throws liquid everywhere and people get wet with alcohol.   I asked and they said they have to bring in mechanic.  

Also I am used to room attendants learning your name and making towel animals all the time.   We have one animal and one other night he repaired the one from a few nights ago.  So I guess you can say 1.5 towel animals.   We saw him once or twice and only when we were in room when he came to clean. 

Not sure if I wrote about this in another thread or I did it here and it didn’t go through.  Sorry if this is a duplicate. 

We just returned from NAV for a Thanksgiving Cruise.  We both had the deluxe drinks pkg. When we went to JR to get our “complimentary” milkshakes they told us (after we had already ordered them, to go) that there would be a $5.95 ea charge.  I told them “forget it” and the manager relented and gave them to us with no charge but he did reiterate that in order to get you complimentary milkshake, you must pay the cover charge.  

I guess the complimentary milkshake policy varies from ship to ship.

Or they just weren't aware of the new option.

I wonder what would have happened if they rang up the milk shake and the charged it to your card, if it just would have changed the bill amount to $0. Assuming the prices for the cash registers are centrally updated on land for all ships and then just uploaded to them.