cruise planner sale

VOOM 2-device for my October 2018 sailing is holding steady at $26.58/night when these sales are active, and $13.99/night for single device. Been that way for the last two months or so.

@mworkman, the price you see for single-device is same as I've been seeing during non-sale periods this whole time for my 2018 cruise, so I don't think the prices have actually gone up. If your cruise is in January, give it a few more months. I didn't see VOOM prices start going down for sales until around 4-5 months out.

@mworkman, you're following the same trend line I had for 2 devices when I was as far out as you. ?

My notes showed $30.83 per night for two devices when I was first tracking, about 9 months out. Around 6 months it dropped to $28.48 on sale, and with the most recent sale pricing of $26.58 that I have, the $28.48 price is now the non-sale "regular" price.

I'll be keenly watching Voom prices in 2019. 

Now that I'm D+ it's usually cheaper to buy it on board.  When the cruise planner price is $13.99 or lower for sailings of 11 nights or longer I'm better to buy it ahead of time.  

Here is the cruise planner price trend with the current 'sale':

July 2019 $15.99

August 2018 $13.99

September 2018 $13.99

October 2018 $13.99

November 2018 $14.99

December 2018  $14.99

January 2019 $14.99

February 2019 $19.99

April 2019 $19.99

May 2019 $17.99 

June 2019 $17.99

July 2019 $19.99 (July 4th GC)

September 2019 $17.99

November 2019 $17.99

December 2019 $19.99 (Holiday GC)

Voom on-board versus cruise planner at $13.99 for various C&A levels:

Voom Comparison 1399.pdf

For D/D+ the day 2 strategy remains cheapest for 7 nights or less.  

Day 2 strategy involves buying it on board but waiting until day 2 to do so since prices drop for the full voyage plans on board as each day passes.

For Emerald and Platinum on 7 night or longer you are better to buy it ahead of time @ $13.99

For Gold on 5 night or longer you are better to buy it ahead of time @ $13.99

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

The sale doesn't apply to all sailings.  You will see if before placing it in your cart.

Thank you so much. That’s kind of what I figured. So if the sale does not apply to my sailing, could another future sale possibly apply or will mine just not be included?

19 minutes ago, KarenP said:

Thank you so much. That’s kind of what I figured. So if the sale does not apply to my sailing, could another future sale possibly apply or will mine just not be included?

Absolutely.  Check often. 

Typically you are safe to purchase now and if a future sale does apply to your sailing, refund your purchase and buy it at the lower price.  

22 hours ago, twangster said:

Voom on-board versus cruise planner at $13.99 for various C&A levels:

Voom Comparison 1399.pdf

For D/D+ the day 2 strategy remains cheapest for 7 nights or less.  

Day 2 strategy involves buying it on board but waiting until day 2 to do so since prices drop for the full voyage plans on board as each day passes.

For Emerald and Platinum on 7 night or longer you are better to buy it ahead of time @ $13.99

For Gold on 5 night or longer you are better to buy it ahead of time @ $13.99

Thank you for sharing the PDF, that will make decding when to purchase Voom much easier going forward. We got the 1device surf & stream for Symphony GC for $11.99 a night, but our Anthem & Freedom cruises are currently at $19.99. I’ll keep an eye out for a sale on those sailings, and if not just buy it on board on day 2.

Does day 2 start at 12:01am, or is it 24hrs after sail away? 

Just now, Boltswin said:

Thank you for sharing the PDF, that will make decding when to purchase Voom much easier going forward. We got the 1device surf & stream for Symphony GC for $11.99 a night, but our Anthem & Freedom cruises are currently at $19.99. I’ll keep an eye out for a sale on those sailings, and if not just buy it on board on day 2.

Does day 2 start at 12:01am, or is it 24hrs after sail away? 

I was able to get Symphony transatlantic Voom S&S for $11.99 a long time ago.  Great deal!  For a while they were offering Surf only at that price and now with this weekend's sale, S&S is $13.99.  

As far as Voom goes, the start of day 2 varies in my experience.  On Anthem one time it started at 10pm on boarding day.  I happened to check and to my surprise there it was.  On another ship Voom day 2 rates didn't start until 8am on day 2. 

I don't know if the IT staff have to manually advance it or if different ships just do it differently.   

2 hours ago, twangster said:

I was able to get Symphony transatlantic Voom S&S for $11.99 a long time ago.  Great deal!  For a while they were offering Surf only at that price and now with this weekend's sale, S&S is $13.99.  

As far as Voom goes, the start of day 2 varies in my experience.  On Anthem one time it started at 10pm on boarding day.  I happened to check and to my surprise there it was.  On another ship Voom day 2 rates didn't start until 8am on day 2. 

I don't know if the IT staff have to manually advance it or if different ships just do it differently.   

Wow!! Soo much to track, but a good sale is worth it!! After my next cruise in 40 days, I will hit the happy Diamond level and hopefully D+ by/during my cruise in May (solo cruising and a suite during one), so looking forward to the extra discounts (I like to tell myself that is why I have to put in an extra cruise, the level increase pays for it). I am a fan of the ultimate beverage package, so I add Voom to that and got a great price of $52/night for the next cruise. Now, if only that price would extend to the others AND if only the dining packages would go on sale! 

Of course, I see this morning that the WOW Sale & the Cruise Planner Sale have been extended. (WOW=48 Hours,  CPS=24 Hours)

Has anyone ever seen these sales NOT get extended? I'm detecting a pattern here. ?

BTW, This promotion saved me $166 this weekend!

On 7/28/2018 at 12:59 AM, twangster said:

Here is the cruise planner price trend with the current 'sale':

July 2019 $15.99

August 2018 $13.99

September 2018 $13.99

October 2018 $13.99

November 2018 $14.99

December 2018  $14.99

January 2019 $14.99

February 2019 $19.99

April 2019 $19.99

May 2019 $17.99 

June 2019 $17.99

July 2019 $19.99 (July 4th GC)

September 2019 $17.99

November 2019 $17.99

December 2019 $19.99 (Holiday GC)

Interesting... my sailing is in March 2019, yet that is the only month that doesn't seem to exist....

Cue the conspiracy theories ?

1 hour ago, Michael Vitale said:

After hearing so many cruisers say they won’t be getting the deluxe package, I have to wonder if at some point RC will reach the point of diminishing returns, and price it more realistically. 

My sense of it is they are still selling a lot of drink packages.  Listening to all the recent earnings calls with investors, they always tout the increase in guest spending in that regard.

To your point, if they saw a dip, I'd guess we would see a change in policy (i.e. having to buy two packages) and/or deeper Cruise Planner sales.

3 hours ago, Michael Vitale said:

After hearing so many cruisers say they won’t be getting the deluxe package, I have to wonder if at some point RC will reach the point of diminishing returns, and price it more realistically. 

Someone here commented a while back that in terms of percentage of passengers on any given sailing, less than 10% (might have been closer to 5%) actually buy the deluxe package. So if Royal is happy whatever small percentage they're getting per sailing, I wouldn't count on lower pricing any time soon.

4 hours ago, Michael Vitale said:

The money that was usually spent on a drink package is being spent on excursions/dining packages/etc instead.  At the end of the day, if you are on a RCL ship, they are taking your money some way. 

Heres the way I see the math,, my next sailing shows the deluxe package at $42 pp. Since the new policy is in effect that would make it $84 for my wife and I, for a total of $588. Now naturally, I WILL have some drinks. But here’s the point,, i obviously won’t spend anywhere near $588 or I WOULD get the package. If I were to spend $588 going a la carte they wouldn’t care. But by making the package $588, they’re causing me to spend perhaps $250 or $300

We are doing a NCL (my first with them) next November (family cruise that my son-n-law planned).  I was looking at their drink package and was I ever shocked!  $89 plus that does NOT included bottled water or specialty coffee and if one adult in cabin gets it then both have to.  So definitely I will do the a-la-cart.

1 hour ago, Michael Vitale said:

Heres the way I see the math,, my next sailing shows the deluxe package at $42 pp. Since the new policy is in effect that would make it $84 for my wife and I, for a total of $588. Now naturally, I WILL have some drinks. But here’s the point,, i obviously won’t spend anywhere near $588 or I WOULD get the package. If I were to spend $588 going a la carte they wouldn’t care. But by making the package $588, they’re causing me to spend perhaps $250 or $300

Don't forget that if your wife doesn't drink for pretty much any reason -- medical, religious, or even just personal preference -- you can call Royal directly and request an exception. Your wife will still have to get the Refreshment Package, but that's regularly on sale for $18/day, which hopefully makes the math work out a lot better for you.

1 hour ago, JLMoran said:

Don't forget that if your wife doesn't drink for pretty much any reason -- medical, religious, or even just personal preference -- you can call Royal directly and request an exception. Your wife will still have to get the Refreshment Package, but that's regularly on sale for $18/day, which hopefully makes the math work out a lot better for you.

That still brings the total for 7 nights to $420. Still much more than a la cart $300.

Im confused when you are talking about a la cart what is that? my wife and i are booked on enchantment in nov. and we thought about the deluxe package I mean it is vacation for us and also the first cruise. We did the math off of the drink prices alone and decided the deluxe package would be cheaper then by the drink since it has everything except bottle water and specialty coffee. 

57 minutes ago, ZOKUEL said:

When is the latest i can use cruise planner to get the best deals if my cruise is on the 26th of Nov.

It should say at the very bottom of any page in the Cruise Planner the cut off date.  It's usually 4 days before your sailing.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:12 AM, JLMoran said:

Someone here commented a while back that in terms of percentage of passengers on any given sailing, less than 10% (might have been closer to 5%) actually buy the deluxe package. So if Royal is happy whatever small percentage they're getting per sailing, I wouldn't count on lower pricing any time soon.

Lol, guess hubby and I are in that less than 10%!  Last cruise on Oasis last March, we got the deluxe at 30% off.  As long as we had 4 drinks and 2 bottles of water, we broke even.  We easily consumed that and then some. Works for us!  Our Freedom cruise March of 2019 is only showing 10% off deluxe, so I will sit and wait for Black Friday or around Christmas.

5 hours ago, Jill said:

Lol, guess hubby and I are in that less than 10%!  Last cruise on Oasis last March, we got the deluxe at 30% off.  As long as we had 4 drinks and 2 bottles of water, we broke even.  We easily consumed that and then some. Works for us!  Our Freedom cruise March of 2019 is only showing 10% off deluxe, so I will sit and wait for Black Friday or around Christmas.

Jill, don't forget now, those "30% off" sales are 30% off the ONBOARD price. If you forget, or think you don't want the deluxe package, and then decide after you've boarded that you want it, you'll pay upwards of $60 pp per day.  A far cry than the $42 pp you can get it for online