Rhapsody of Seas Christmas Cruise ... Shore Excursions etc.

Marsude

We are 61 and this is going to be our first real cruise ... Can't wait ... We haven't been to Noumea or Venuatu as yet and would like some pointers on which are great shore excursions to do Noumea, Champagne Bay, etc. We love to snorkel, but also like to check out the cultural side of places we visit.

Also we are getting the Premium Drinks package ... I'm guessing Soda is soft drink ? Also can we get the package juice at breakfast?

We like to do Ceroc dancing ... Any comments on if people dance .... Bands or just canned DJ

Too many questions and too much excitement :-)

Regarding shore excursions, I recommend using TripAdvisor and CruiseCritic as good ways to find popular and under-reported things to do there.

For the premium drink package, soda and juices are included (but not the fresh squeezed OJ in the Windjammer).

Regarding dance, live bands can be found onboard quite often.  In fact, most music is live so check the Cruise Compass for what's available.

Thanks Matt for information, I will look at those sites, at this stage I don't even know what questions to ask.

I'd start with a google search of "island name excursions".  So as an example, try googling "Venuatu excursions" (no quotes) and click a few links.  You will probably see a trend of the same 4-6 excursions popping up as most common, which is usually a good indicator of what is popular and/or a good idea to do on the island.