Anyone going on New England Cruise at end of Sept/2015

nolepal

Yup..I figured as much as well....That would be a long trek...something like a 20 drive each way, plus a ferry ride in between...lol

I live about an hour from Saint John, and have seen some cruise ships in port there. Actually a friend of mine used to work with the port tourism there and Brilliance of the Seas was there last fall before I went on her in Jan out of Tampa and was neat to see some firsthand pictures and write ups in the paper about her before I was sailing on her.

I've only been to Saint John once and it was on one of my two Canada/New England cruises. Loved the day there. We went to the sea cave at low and high tide as well as the national park just past there. Both were beautiful and amazing displays of nature.

I think everyone who has enjoyed Alaska cruises should consider cruising down the Saint Lawrence River. It was an amazing experience as we sailed from Montreal to Boston.

Love me some Canada. :)

It's quite scenic for sure...I guess when you live somewhere you tend to take it for granted. Although it would be quite interesting experiencing your home country as a "tourist" on a cruise with others!

Glad you enjoyed your experiences here!

Alaska cruise is defn on the bucket list for me in the next few years.

I'll be on Brilliance out of Boston in September, going to Saint John, NB and Halifax. Any suggestions for what to do in those cities would be appreciated. Currently I'm planning to explore the cities on foot, but is there anything special we should be sure to do?

By the way, an Alaska cruise is a must.

• 1 month later...

I'll be on Brilliance out of Boston in September, going to Saint John, NB and Halifax. Any suggestions for what to do in those cities would be appreciated. Currently I'm planning to explore the cities on foot, but is there anything special we should be sure to do?

By the way, an Alaska cruise is a must.

For Saint John the city market is really cool, if never gone to the sea caves (not sure the name), but it heard from people it's nice, it's a common excursion I hear.

For Halifax I'm a big fan of Peggys Cove, especially if the weather is bad, it's where locals go to watch huge waves. Really nice coastline, 45 minute drive though.

It's a popular spot, I live on the road leading to it and always see huge tour busses heading that way. Gotta mention to be careful, it seems we loose at least one tourist a year. You can watch 20 waves only go so far but that 21st one will get ya.

If you just want to explore the city 'the harbour hopper' would be good. It's a amphibious vehicle that tours the city streets then boats threw the harbour. Both should be relatively inexpensive but I would book away from Royal to save some money.

Me and my wife tend to go down to point pleasant park to watch the Royal ships disembark, I believe some time this month we are going to watch the Brilliance and Grandeur leave, if your on it I'll be waving :).

Hope you have a good time.