What is the shortest cruise you will go on now?

RCL4Life

I would not do anything less than a 5 day cruise. My preference is 7 days or longer. And the more 7 day cruises I take the longer I want the trip to be. I'm excited that Quantum will offer longer trips to the Southern Caribbean, and I don't have to fly to San Juan to go there!  :)

Right now at this point in my life definitely 7 day cruises.  Maybe a 6 day with a great itinerary I suppose.  But after retirement, assuming we live within driving distance of a port, I could see short 3-4-5 day getaways, especially on ships we've been on previously and already know the ship layout.  Heck, we'd probably do that now if we didn't have to deal with the cost of airfare.  

The issue with most 4 and 5 night cruises is they usually take up 4-5 business days so if I'm going to essentially take off a whole week basically from work, may as well go for the 7 night cruise and get more cruise for same time off work.

I'm with you, Matt. The two deciding factors are work and airfare. I'm not going to pay for airfare for a 3-night cruise. If I pay for airfare for a 5-night cruise, I'll just book a 7-night for the same amount of time off work.

I'm with you, Matt. The two deciding factors are work and airfare. I'm not going to pay for airfare for a 3-night cruise. If I pay for airfare for a 5-night cruise, I'll just book a 7-night for the same amount of time off work.

That's pretty much my exact thinking these days

• 3 weeks later...

I would say a 2 night cruise if I lived near a port for a weekend gettaway, but otherwise i think it would have to be a 7 day. I found it interesting there was guests that were a small group of btb cruisers on Enchantment alternating between 4 and 3 night for months. I would not enjoy that process twice a week. But would love the length of time on a cruise. :)

We have been on a 3 night cruise and would probably consider it again but in the UK we are a bit limited as the cruise lines only do them at the end of the year and only go to France & Belgium for the Christmas Market.

RC normally do it as their final trip before heading across the Atlantic to the Caribbean for your Summer Season.

99% of the time though we would not go under 7 nights however if we had more short cruises available we would probably do 1 or 2 as well as our main cruise.

• 1 year later...

I live in Southern California and RCCL has nearly abandoned us in the San Diego and Los Angeles ports. If they had 1 or 2 night or heck, any amount of nights from either of these two ports I would be cruising nearly all the time!  It is the skyrocketing Airfare that takes a $300 to $1000 cruise and turns it into a $3000 to $4000 sailing.

I would do a 3 night cruise for a quick getaway, but only if I could drive to the port or was adding it on to another trip; it's not cost effective otherwise. Keep in mind that you won't likely see cruises less than 3 days any longer as the U.S. Government has ruled that the crew Visas do not allow for cruises to nowhere, so ships must stop at a foreign port before returning to the embarkation port.

We are spoiled too... since we do not (would if we could!) cruise multiple times per year, unless we were going with a new cruiser, we would not book anything less than 7 nights... really wish there were more 9-10 night cruises since there is sooo much to do on the newer/larger ships... impossible to do everything plus go on the excursions while at port...

I like 7-night cruises, and I really like 8-night cruises as it's like getting a bonus night for free.

I've done 3- and 4-night cruises, and they're okay when combined with another cruise.

I'm trying a 5-night cruise in October on Liberty of the Seas. I'm looking forward to seeing what I think about that length.