Staterooms with obstructed view

Guest Kpinsent

Guest Kpinsent

We are booked for March 2016 sailing on Allure Of The Seas. We are currently booked in stateroom 14315, and have noticed that it states this room has obstructed view. Just wondering how obstructed the view is and if we should reconsider another room or deck?

If there's an obstructed view, it means something will be partially or close to completely blocking the view.  The advantage of these rooms is they are usually less expensive.  So if you absolutely want a view, then change.  But if you are okay with rolling the dice on not having a total view, then enjoy the savings!

On the Jewel, cabins were marked obstructed when you couldn't see down to the water because of an obstruction below the balcony, so it could be benign. Personally, I wouldn't worry to much as I searched the deck plan website I have a subscription to and didn't see any warnings posted for the cabin.

We are booked for March 2016 sailing on Allure Of The Seas. We are currently booked in stateroom 14315, and have noticed that it states this room has obstructed view. Just wondering how obstructed the view is and if we should reconsider another room or deck?

I checked on CruiseDeckPlans.com and unfortunately, your room is not among those for which there are photographs. My guess is that the "obstruction" is the HUGE Allure sign that spans the aft of the ship (support structure I assume). My guess is that you will have a limited view of the Aqua Theater and perhaps the ocean because of this ship superstructure. There may be some other obstruction but if my memory serves me well (and it often does NOT) those rooms on deck 14, Boardwalk view are unobstructed except for that big sign.

Eureka ! I figured out how to attach a photo. Hopefully it will come through. The sign I am referring to is in this pic.post-2038-0-89450600-1435081886_thumb.jpg

I have room 8068 booked on majesty....first time with an obstructed view.....anyone able to tell me or know/seen how obstructed the view is out of this room?!

Since I figured out how to attach a photo I will now go crazy and post another one ! I hope you got the ones I sent in an email but here it is again since I now know how to post it !

post-2038-0-76434300-1435082235_thumb.jpg

I have room 8068 booked on majesty....first time with an obstructed view.....anyone able to tell me or know/seen how obstructed the view is out of this room?!

Someone had long ago posted this picture which I gathered from the Internet Archive. It purports to show the cabins on deck 8 on the Sovereign class ships (presumably including Majesty of the Seas) that don't have obstructions.

normal_Majesty_Deck_8_Unobstructed.jpg