freedom of seas new inside staterooms deck 12

• 2 months later...

I have not seen the new staterooms so I can't give any opinion on those.  But I can tell you that we did find when you are forward and higher you can feel the motion of the ship more if seas are rough.  4 of the 5 of us have no problem with this, but our middle son did get very sea sick one day.  We did have a pretty rough day on our last sea day (enough that sea sickness bags were placed on railings, water was sloshing out of the pools, etc.)  And our son couldn't stay in the room.  He had to be out on the deck all day in the fresh air.

Hope I'm not coming off negative!!!  Because we loved that area of the ship, we were all the way forward deck 9.  Loved it so much our next cruise on FOS we are booked same place just one deck down.  Just wanted to give you a heads up so if you have trouble with sea sickness you can go prepared :)

thanks so much for the advice and tips!! This will be our first ever forward, high deck stateroom.  We have always stayed mid ship low and high decks. We started out with a balcony stateroom mid ship but for some reason we changed it.  It just seems very secluded seeing that there are only a small amount of staterooms on that deck.   I've had only one bad episode of getting sea sick. on that one occasion we actually had a stateroom mid ship lower deck, it was rough seas that day.   It was only one day so out of 7 that's not so bad. :) still a little worried but we will give it a try.  Thanks again for the input :)