Australian Travel Agent Needed!

Hi Everyone!

Taking Matts advice I've been trying to find a travel agent located in Australia. So far, they either don't reply to emails or don't actually read the email before replying. I really want to book Ovation through an agent but I'm running out of time.

I live in Melbourne but I'm happy to use email and phone so any recommendations around Australia would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Luke.

I think it's great you want to give an agency a try.  

While I don't have anyone that can do business in Australia a try (Royal Caribbean prohibits American TAs from working with Australians), I would recommend doing an internet search for a few companies and send them each a list of questions.  These should be questions about your expectations as your TA and even about RC.

You might even ask questions you know the answers to just to see what they write back with.

The point of this email is to see how quickly and knowledgeably they respond.

While I don't have anyone that can do business in Australia a try (Royal Caribbean prohibits American TAs from working with Australians)

Odd... I've booked every Royal Caribbean cruise I have done through a US agent.. its never been an issue.. I know many other that have as well. The only issues was with Princess but they now permit bookings via the USA

Hi Everyone!

Taking Matts advice I've been trying to find a travel agent located in Australia. So far, they either don't reply to emails or don't actually read the email before replying. I really want to book Ovation through an agent but I'm running out of time.

I live in Melbourne but I'm happy to use email and phone so any recommendations around Australia would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Luke.

Book Ovation via ozcruising.com.au they have $100 deposits and give a small OBC as well.. The catch is they want a full payment by May 2016, however if you pay a little more in the deposit that is extended to October 2016

I think it's great you want to give an agency a try.  

While I don't have anyone that can do business in Australia a try (Royal Caribbean prohibits American TAs from working with Australians), I would recommend doing an internet search for a few companies and send them each a list of questions.  These should be questions about your expectations as your TA and even about RC.

You might even ask questions you know the answers to just to see what they write back with.

The point of this email is to see how quickly and knowledgeably they respond.

Thanks for your advice Matt but thats what lead me to ask the question.. Apparently customer service for TA in Australia is non-existent.

I have to admit it isn't much fun trying to deal with RCCL over the phone here either. The VOIP lines they use sound like your trying to talk through two tin cans and some string!

HI Rekkie

How do you go with exchange rates? I assumed it would cost you more??

Luke

Unfortunately right now it is costing a little more but the prices we are paying for Explorer are still below what we would have paid if booked in Australia. The price for our category of cabin is now double what we have it for plus we get a generous OBC.. That said we wont be booking any more via the USA until the exchange rate is considerably better.

Australian travel agents really suck.. Do your homework and you will be right. The Aussies will charge you for every little detail you need changed and if you cancel will probably not get the entire refund and itll take 5-6 weeks to be returned to you. Unfortunately that's what we have to live with down here and why many of us use the US agents in the past

Might do that Rekkie thanks! Do you have anyone specific you deal with?

Nope I booked directly with RCI (I had several Next Cruise Letters)... friends and family used ozcruising.. its relatively simple to book via their website but otherwise just give them a call they seem quite friendly